Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

vermeer s600tx drive controll

tom aliscio · 2018-03-19 19:10

i have fluid coming out of the buttons under the joystick and was wondering if anyone had this issue before? it's not flowing out but enough that it drips down to the fan and gets everywhere by the end of the day!

Replies6
  1. #1Mickeyaaaa2019-08-12 14:00

    Old post i know, but there may be many other who have same problem - I had this issue. need to order Bubble #3 - pn 274841001 - kit - plunger assembly with step…..(its the 4 plungers.) $133.14 Canadian each or $$532.56 plus gst! ouch! Vermeer says 80 day lead time for part or you can pay extra for "rush". I did not pay rush and it came in about a month anyways. replaced 1 plunger, now noticed 2 more leaking slowly. To replace, you need to disconnect all hoses - MARK THEM MAKE SURE YOU DONT MIX EM UP! I used an engraver to label the hoses and valve body with numbers. The middle joystick drive needs to come off completely as it is what bolts the plate on top keeping the plungers in place. Once the top plate is off, the plungers just pull out. Pop the new ones in and re-assemble. I found similar sized cat & JD complete control joystick assemblies on aliexpress for just under $200, but I don't know enough about these systems to know if retrofitting a different brand joystick will affect how the machine operates (flow rates, pressure ratings etc would all have to be extremely similar i would assume). Also they all seemed to have 6 holes to attach hoses, while this unit only has 5....

  2. #2MZgloves202021-04-28 02:11

    This is good info. Mine is leaking and starting to lose function for steering and the same on the loader control. There is soo little online about these unfortunately.

  3. #3MarkerCr72022-06-20 10:56

    If oil is pouring from beneath the joystick, it could be hydraulic oil. Before ordering any parts, I recommend inspecting all wiring and making sure it is tight.

  4. #4Tyler d4c2022-06-20 11:16

    If you get the seals out I bet the ones for the cat skid loaders are the same I can get the number for you

  5. #5gmf64302023-07-03 21:32

    Thank you for the info. I was changing the hoses for the ground drive control, I need to know what position the hoses go, as they were not marked, Thanks in advance

  6. #6gmf64302023-07-03 21:34

    I have replaced the hoses, they were not marked when taken off, can you assist in letting me know what position these ground drive control hoses go, TIA.