First time I got to see one of these beasts in action. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBqwhedqLXE
I have never seen one of these before......so my questions are, how much, and isn't there a cheaper option?
looks like a rough ride.
pretty cool, specialized application machine for sure though
I think he needs to slow down, track speed is too fast if you are continuously stalling the cutting head. I think the used on of these type of machines at the old Denver airport to remove the runways
I thought they used a gate breaker at Stapleton to break up the old runways.
http://www.rmci-usa.com/publications/RunwayToRubble.pdf they used a gate breaker,also. But I had remembered seeing this article years ago...
Good to know, Thanks! I had only ever seen reference to a gate breaker being used for the runways. Thanks for sharing the article on the terrain leveler, pretty good idea!
There was a whole herd of these things in Las Vegas a while back doing work at the airport. No blasting allowed, and caliche too hard to rip. I seen at least 5 of them, and therre may have been more. Looks like a very expensive way to dig rock.
Hi, I work for a Vermeer agency in Perth, Western Australia. We have just sent out 6 brand new T1255s to a mine in the the North West of the state. Have a few pics and 2 short videos of its bigger brother the T1655 which I will start a thread on once I get the minimum 3 posts in..
I'm very curious about that! In the mine are digging for what? Could you give me more details please...
Not digging as such. What they do is plane a set depth off the floor of the mine and the material is then lifted up and loaded after. There are pics of the machines here and there is several videos posted on youtube. Example of one is here on youtube
Took some videos of them working in the Pilbara in Western Australia. Sorry about the poor quailty, it was only on my phone. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVu3o4ZkIKw