Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

vermeer t600 undercarriage?

emtbd1979 · 2012-04-29 19:03

I have a vermeer T600 trencher that we use for tiling on our farm and the undercarriage is shot. We through a track yesterday in the rain and I do not want to fight that again. I'm having a hard time finding a parts source other than vermeer and they are very expensive,I could almost put a complete undercarriage on our D6R! The trencher is a T600A. Thanks in advance.

Replies7
  1. #1QuickTrax2012-04-30 08:07

    My information shows the T600C or D takes a 42 link 9/16 bolt hole Fiat FL6 dozer chain. I am not sure what the T600A takes. Your chain should have a link number stamped on the link and that will tell us if my info is correct or not. The Vermeer dealer is very expensive when it comes to undercarriage. Your parts should be available through any aftermarket dealer. Thanks, QuickTrax

  2. #2td15c2012-05-01 10:17

    I have a t 600c and the manual shows it takes the same chain as an old IH 340 dozer and I have been told that chain has been obsolete for years. If the Fiat FL6 dozer chain will work that’s great news. I’ve been told that the t600d takes a different chain then the 600c. So I was wondering if the FL6 dozer chain shows to interchange with the IH 340 even if the pad bolts don’t line up at least you could buy chain and pads. And thanks Quicktracks you’re a great source of info.

  3. #3td15c2012-05-01 10:59

    was looking a little closer at my parts manual and it shows pad bolts on a 600c are 7/16. And the short track has 38 pads long track has 44 pads. This might help emtbd1979 to see if his 600a has the same chain as a 600c. The newer 600c could have changed to the 600d chain but my book does not show that.

  4. #4emtbd19792012-05-01 20:47

    I have the 38 pad, I went and finally was able to get to the machine today after the 4 inches of rain. The link says simmel which if my memory serves me correct that was a sub of Fiat? and the part number was H-I3B

  5. #5td15c2012-05-29 19:58

    emtbd1979 just wondering if you had any luck finding tracks

  6. #6emtbd19792012-05-30 18:55

    Nope not yet. You have any ideas? I have exhausted most of the places I could find to call.

  7. #7WSH2012-06-02 12:54

    I have a used t600 for sake if you are interested. Call 903.491.5867. Located in Nirtheast Texas.