Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Vermeere t455 repair

nowing75 ยท 2014-10-27 16:52

Had the bolts come loose on the sprocket segments and oblong the holes. I have a lathe and mill at home so I figured I would repair rather then buy a new shaft.

Replies10
  1. #1nowing752014-10-27 16:54
  2. #2nowing752014-10-27 16:57

    . Worked we'll. forget the price from vermeere but it was not cheap and it's geting harder to find parts in stock for the t455. Plus it's more fun to make them.

  3. #3nowing752014-10-27 17:07

    We have had multiple failures of the implement pump on the t455. It's a pain because you have to remove the gearbox to put in a new gear that has a 5/8 9 spline in it. I was not able to find that gear with a 3/4 11 spline so I machined out the gear and put in a coupler.

  4. #4FSERVICE2014-10-28 00:06

    good looking work there I wish I had a mill in my garage, just for my own use not for customers. those t455 are starting to show their age & weak parts. I thought I was the only service guy that orders parts that no one in the state has!!! lol When I call in to a local supply house the parts guy answers says " Hi Paul we don't have that but can get it in a few days" that's a running joke but its got to the point lately that its the truth..

  5. #5nowing752014-10-28 07:17

    Most of the time they have to make the part. Always 30 days min to get them. Have you worked on the t455 much? They work great but wow are they high maintenance.

  6. #6Mike L2014-10-29 21:03

    Wow, nice work. Do you have some machinist training or are you self taught?

  7. #7pburress2014-10-29 21:08

    Cool

  8. #8FSERVICE2014-10-29 21:43

    yes I have a customer that has 2 of them!!! :Banghead :Banghead they are not really that bad once you get used to waiting/making the parts for them. how many does your company have? I have had the same problem with the pump also, several times!!

  9. #9nowing752014-10-30 08:13

    We have 2. Vermeere knows it's a problem but keeps puting back the stock parts and thinking they have fixed it. No formal training I just got a lathe and mill and read books and learn as I go

  10. #10theironoracle2014-10-30 22:13

    Very nice indeed. I have never worked on a trencher, I don't think they are that popular in the Northwest........TIO