Hello all, I have a Hyundai 110 2012 ever since I bought it, it has had a very jerky swing. I got machine the controls weren't set up John Deere ( boom and swing left). There wasn't a switch on machine so the company I bought from switched hoses. It's been a ongoing thing for over 2 years now. The company has been out numerous Times and had machine for 6 weeks. They say it's an engineering problem but Hyundai won't get back to me either. It's been 3 months the machine has not moved I'm constantly getting run around. I have numerous excavators and never had a machine do this. The machine is very jerky like swing break is sticking or something, there's no feathering in the controls. When you go to curl out the bucket snaps out or in very quick to the point you get frustrated runnin machine. My guys have told me they won't run machine cause they are afraid there gonna hurt someone which I agree that's why it's been sitting. Anyone have any input the can help with thanks
Have you tried switching the controls back? Sounds like the pilot systems use different flows/pressures for different functions.
When you swap patterns the bucket and swing controls don't change so I doubt that has anything to do with it. Are the boom and stick functions jerky too or just bucket and swing?
depending on where they swapped the controls. make a difference. quad valve poppets and plungers are usually function specific....at least on Deere/Hitachi they are
If it had the Japanese pattern, the swing would have been left stick, but forward to swing right and pull back to go left. If it was that way, then simply swapping the two sets of plunger capsules should do the trick, unless it's an actual fault somewhere else.
Yes, if you swap say the swing and arm functions I agree it could be an issue but I'm not sure how swapping the boom and arm controls would effect the swing. I suppose anything is possible anymore with the complex circuits. I've seen some Deere's do strange things when people have screwed with the signal manifold.
That's what I'm asking, was it CAT controls originally, in which case you are of course correct, or Japanese pattern, where the swing function is fore and aft, not side to side? How about if they switched the circuit hoses and not the pilot lines? Inexperienced people do unusual things....
I had the a similar issue with my Takeuchi TB153FR except it was stick/boom. At first I suspected a sticky spool in the main valve but then ruled that out (same issue when pattern was changed) so I started tracing the issue in the pilot circuit. I plumbed in a test gauge to watch the pilot pressures and confirm whether they spiked at the same time as the 'jerking' occurred, which they did. This more or less confirmed my suspicions so I then pulled apart the joystick poppets to make sure nothing was broken or jammed. Nothing was obviously defective in the joystick assembly however I did note that the poppet springs on the 6 and 12 o-clock positions were different (stiffer) than those on the 3 and 9 o-clock. On a hunch I switched a light spring with a stiffer one and low and behold, it fixed the issue. Both joystick assemblies were original and identical to each other so it wasn't some mistaken installation. Up to this point I was in correspondence with Takeuchi North America trying to trouble shoot the issue and also conversing with the company from whom I bought the machine. The company I bought from stepped up and shipped me a whole new pilot group as I was hoping that perhaps it was a limited manufacturing issue and had subsequently been rectified. When it arrived I eagerly slapped it in - to no avail. Same as before. So I just robbed a heavy spring from the old pilot group, stuck it in the new group and called it a day. Afterward I told Takeuchi NA about how I fixed the issue but never even got so much as a peep in reply. I then also contacted the company from whom I purchased it and spoke to one of the regional fleet repair managers who had in the meantime also contacted Takeuchi. Takeuchi's stance was this was normal behavior and had denied other warranty claims for the same issue. One poor sod apparently had a claim of around $27000. Whether Takeuchi knew the solution is debatable, but their silence after I pointed out my solution leads me to believe that they chose to ignore the issue for financial liability reasons.
I always forget about the crazy Asian control patterns. It could be exactly the problem.
I think it was cat controls when I test ran the machine, I remember them under the machine when they were switching lines. I had walked thru the shop and remember asking why aren't they switching the lever like it says in machine. However there isn't any switch hence why they switched lines. I'm gonna try the guy at Hyundai again and pass on what you guys have written. Thanks
Reading this ,doesn't mean it wasn't Japanese controls then switched to cat then to JD maybe somewhere down line something's not right.
Good day bulkheaded Have you tried to bleed the air from the RCV to the main valve some machine can present such an issue if you miss this. Kind regards Uffex
uffex thanks for the reply im gonna pass this on to the mechanics. thanks
mx thanks they had switched some of the springs in controls seemed to be a little better for awhile but has gotten worse. thanks everyone for your replies im gonna have the mechanics review these ideas hope they can come up with something.
Did you figure it out? I'm wondering if stiffer springs might help with the fine control on my Cat 235's swing (serial number 32K855). Will have to take it apart and see. I wonder where I could find a procedure for disassembling the pilot valve group.
Good day Bob Appeal to Nige he helps most folk out with Cat machines.We have used dampning to the pilot circuit that appears toresolve such situations with other makes. Kind regards Uffex RCV.pdf RCV faults.pdf
Opps copy and paste not working so good, like Asian coil springs. Kind regards Uffex
Old thread...but were you able to find a spring solution for your Cat? I work for a custom spring manufacturer in Oregon. This past April I designed a custom spring kit that retro-fits onto proportional remote pilot control spools (pistons) externally. So far the kit is installing nicely into mini diggers, mini skids, skid loaders and even a Tigercat 724G Feller Buncher. Nearly 1000 kits sold in 3 months and well over 100 5-star reviews.