Replacement battery for my portable jump box, (JNC-770R) I've had and used for years. The original battery is failing quickly so ordered a replacement but not going to arrive as earlier predicated: They say another should arrive by Tuesday. No harm, nor foul with me although this gets used often. Placed a small load test onto the original battery which is 12VDC, 22ah rated. With a fresh charge and using simple mathematical conversion to reserve capacity, a 25A load should run consistently just over 52 minutes before the battery decays through 10.5VDC which is considered discharged. This one made just about 4.5 minutes before being discharged so seen better days.
Amazon uses USPS most as possible which is a terrible shipping service and the bid per package is way under their cost so now the US tax payers get to subsidize Amazon shipping. eBay with UPS shippers is always better and around the same price.
I just bought something from eBay a couple of days ago and was only offered one shipping option - USPS.
I see a combination of FedEx, UPS, and USPS pretty evenly really. None are top shelf any longer.
I’ve had items I thought were shipping UPS to my door then get a notice in my mailbox that I need to pick up at post office?!
I've had them delivered at a snail's pace like that too. It is usually something purchased with free UPS shipping however.
I left Amazon 5 years ago and never looked back. Second day delivery is impossible out here, political Prime movies of whatever agenda they are trying to shove in societies face is not my thing, and they give discounts to folks on welfare and not disabled veterans.
We used Fed Ex to deliver a bid over night 6 weeks ago, which still would have given us an extra day. Next day became 3 days. Bid showed late and of course they wouldn't take it (I get that). We were low bid on a 500K job. It needed to go to Boise about 4 hours away. Had I known of course I would have driven it, but you assume that they mean what they say....and of course they don't.
FedEx is a joke. I've seen packages go back and forth between shipping hubs. One package came to a hub, then another the next day. The first one sat there for almost a week while the second one left the day after it got there. The delivery drivers are contractors who may not speak English as a first language and you never know where they'll leave stuff, like a relative with the same last name a quarter mile away. I choose the brown truck whenever possible.
I myself have taken gallon cans of gasoline to contract FedEx drivers who's vehicles have starved out on their routes. Always have received a check and thank you note from the local FedEx office in Peoria for it. Have pulled two of their wagons onto my shop property with a chain as the driver's cannot leave the vehicles with packages, but can on private property locked up. Both of these times the packages were unloaded from one van into another to be sent on it's way and the broken down van towed off. I too find the company humorous. I always ship with brown if possible.
It's freight---freight means wait---hurry up and wait. Been that way since the first freighter started business x amount BC. Think about it this way every item being shipped is a football, and being treated like a football, some make it across the goal line some don't. Really when you stop and think about all the packages that start with a tracking number of 1Z--that's only one company out of how many, feel lucky you receive it is all.
FedEx is weird because people buy routes and run them, so it's not the same FedEx here as you have. UPS is the same company everywhere at least and they are really good here too. I dropped prime a long time ago as well, it's a subscription service you don't need to a terrible company. Wife still uses them without prime and I can't tell a difference. eBay with free 4 day shipping is really good most of the time. I'm just really upset about USPS low balling Amazon, they shouldn't be able to bid under cost.
Oh that poor Jeff Bezos--that poor little billionaire, who stepped down and moved to Floida. We got what we asked for with box stores and huge conglomerates. Remember the thing called a Lumber yard every town had them--Now men get to play he-mam pushing there pathetic little orange cart to go pick out some twisted knotted up sub grade crap at the place of {Doing Things--Home Depot}. * Now back to UPS after that channel interruption.
We got Bloedorn's for one of the lumber yard and they live up to their name, they sure do Bloe and you are are going to have to a'dorn it as there isn't many options. Lumber is outdoors with no cover, they try to hurry up and load your vehicle so you don't have time to object to the junk wood they are loading up. Was there couple weeks ago, whole bunk of 2x6's like it was rotted wood, no solid surface to nail to trying to load up my rig, I told them to get that out of here and proceeded to rip apart 3 bunks to get 24 boards, might not be allowed back there, F'em! Then you got Builders First that should call themselves Builders Last, cause you get the last remnants of what Hoe Depot didn't take off the truck. Tell the folks in Idaho quit sending their lumber this way, it sucks arse worse than a 2 dollar queer. Any structure built with lumber from this town I wouldn't trust it
Oh-My that's Nasty,----nasty has to be said with a high pitch voice.lol
I'm sure if Prince or Freddy Mercury was around they could do that the best.
But Ned Beatty could "Squeal Like a Pig".....
I’ve had the worst luck with the USPS, but none are great anymore. My father lives in southern AZ, I’m in VA, somewhere between here and there the mail goes terribly awry. It isn’t uncommon for a piece of mail to take 3-5 weeks to get here, if at all. More than once it’s arrived dirty and torn up like it was run over by a truck. Our local post office isn’t much better, luckily the postman that we’d had for years retired. He was the stereotypical disgruntled postal worker, in his 70’s and probably had worked there all his life. He would tear down our long driveway at literally 40-50mph, pull his jeep right into the flower bed next to the driveway, or soft grass, and then spin mud everywhere turning around. It was a weekly occurrence to get the neighbors mail, sometimes from miles away. He once brought a package to the house, my wife answered the door, and his exact words were “I don’t get paid to deliver this ****.” It’s not like you could complain either, its a small town and I’m sure word would get back around, then your mail probably would have gone straight in the trash. Thank god he’s gone now, one of the most ornery old cuss I’ve ever met.
I primarily used UPS for years and never had much problem. It seems, since Covid, things went to Hell. I think more than 70% of the time I can count on a RED next day air package not showing up for an extra day or 2. Do I get offered my money back?.....Yeah, NO.
It's that vortex there in Missouri area located around Branson, that's causing the issue it's been said.
Dolly sucking wind again?
There is an undocumented black hole at the Memphis USPS regional distribution center. ANYTHING that passes through there is subject to either disappear completely or hit the worm hole and take a detour through other hubs throughout the country. Sometimes they get it right, but rarely. Delays or lost packages are the normal through that hub. UPS is the best of the big 3 here. FedEx is a clown show for the most part, hiring a new driver every 1-6 months so you have to train a new gorilla quite often.
It's been documented--Elvis has been seen flying out of there in a UFO.
USPS runs 3 days a week here. If a federal holiday lands on one of those 3 days, welp you won't get mail that day nor the next day, got to wait two days. Today is MLK day, mail won't run today (Monday), I will get Monday's mail this Wednesday. So you think you feel ripped off about the increase in stamps price, we really get stiffed on the deal out here. Weather has the same effect too on not getting mail for a few days or longer.
As a fervent reader and lifelong subscriber of the National Enquirer, I firmly believe that has happened more than once.
It's a bigger issue these days--instant gratification world-- I want it now G-damn it not yesterday, or tomorrow but right f----in now, you freight companies just don't know who your dealing with. When I say now it's now not a minute later, I'm the customer and I'm always right. yah, yah, yah. People wanting to go back to the fifties life style---get use to three weeks.
Order anything and it goes through UPS or FedEx, that's two weeks wait here, USPS pushes it to three weeks on occasion. Anything ordered in December you better tack a extra week on.
That actually wouldn't be unwelcome in a lot of aspects. Local business would return; albeit slowly.
I ordered a screen for my daughters phone and it shipped UPS, yay happy. I checked it today final Mike is USPS........ffs. UPS is very good here it probably cost them more money to have USPS deliver it than their own drivers.
Everything that is wrong with the Federal Government is displayed in Technicolor at the US Post Office.
If any of you think that the USPS is bad, try this. An IT scandal ongoing for 25 years that has left hundreds of people bankrupt, dozens jailed for fraud, and in some cases committing suicide as a result of a flawed accounting system. The system manufacturer Fujitsu appears to be on the hook for the equivalent of $1.2 billion so far. One change for the good that this debacle has managed to accomplish is a change in the law that previously assumed all computer-based systems were “reliable” until proved otherwise. Now it is up to the system manufacturer to prove that their system is reliable. What is the UK’s Post Office IT scandal about and who is involved? Prosecution of thousands of people has been described as one of the greatest miscarriages of justice in British history www.theguardian.com ‘Systemically, seriously wrong’: the 20-year quest to reveal Post Office IT scandal People behind characters in the ITV drama describe their efforts to highlight Horizon software injustices www.theguardian.com
Looks like Amazon is going to refund for this battery according to the latest update. I've ordered another from a different vendor via ebay as it will be here quicker. Already without the booster box 10 days and don't want to wait another 10 to go back together with it.
Pretty good turnaround with this. Already have received shipping confirmation and it's not been three hours since the order was placed. USPS so probably means the shipping label was created only but it has to start there.
Everything AI--is going to save the world.
Latest craze. It will pass as most do. Ebay for instance used to be a place to sell off mostly used but good stuff. Now it's just another advertising venue for vendors to hawk their wares. Prices, and commissions are too expensive to justify their use for selling any longer. FB through a friend works and it's free.
AI has been here for awhile already.
Yes and no. I’d argue it’s still really not ‘artificial intelligence’ no matter how bad they want it to be. It’s just massive computer programs that are honestly pretty stupid, garbage in, garbage out.
Just looked and it's not USPS; I was mistaken. It is FedEx and the package is already in Tennessee already so moving right along.
Yes, used eBay a number of years back in order to get good used ‘obscure’ parts that were near impossible to obtain locally. Quit looking on it now as it is just as you describe….
I have a customer whose accountant's office is 1/2 mile from my shop. You can walk it in like 15 minutes, if you drag your feet. It takes 10 days for the USPS to move a letter between. 10 days! It's the next town / zip code over. What do they do, route the letters through Chicago? That's not an isolated incident either. That's the average over the past 3 years, and dozens of checks. They've turned into a joke.
All letters get sorted at Wichita, 3 hours away, so if I send a letter to my neighbor it travels quite a ways. The post office here is really big and used to sort but hasn't in a long time.
Kansas has 1 sorting station, its in Wichita. My mail used to go to Wichita, but now goes to KCMO.
I can relate. Our mail in this part of Idaho goes to SLC to sort, 4 hours away. Doesn't seem to make sense to me, and since it takes about 5 days to send a letter a mile away, and USPS cant sustain itself, I am guessing it doesn't make sense.
The "Brown Rugby Team" mess up again ? Remember that great marketing slogan they paid some NY advertising exec for ? "What can brown do for you ?"
They stopped using that slogan. People thought of something other than delivery trucks that's brown. Like the cartoon of a deer with a bullseye birth mark. "Bummer of a birth mark Hal"!
Some bean counter figured it is more cost effective to send your package to a central hub to be sorted by a big expensive machine and then send it on to the local office to be delivered by the assigned route. Less labour. It works as long as the big machine sends everything to the right place……. Bean counters are never wrong