Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Video: Cat D9Ls push loading 651B scrapers

CEwriter ยท 2009-11-16 11:32

A pair of teams move more than 200 cubic yards (??) in this 3-min clip. YouTube - CAT D9L's & 651B's moving mass amounts of earth, fast (I kept expecting to see John Wayne at the controls.)

Replies15
  1. #1D5G2009-11-16 15:36

    Thats a great vid, thanks for sharing CEwriter!

  2. #2Gavin84w2009-11-17 03:47

    Should have used excavators and artics. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

  3. #3amtronic2009-11-17 11:28

    Is that for that water retention project in the SoCal area?

  4. #4dozerbill572009-11-17 16:07

    No Way Artics would just be in the way , I call that moving earth and kicking BUTT ! :usa

  5. #5cummins052009-11-17 17:25

    They look like really good push cat operators And socal earth movers is top notch at filming

  6. #6WColtharp2009-11-17 21:37

    Are you the contributor to the wonderful site socalearthmovers? If so, I've always wondered how you managed to get so many wonderful pictures of different jobs. Are you an inspector of some sort? Sorry for the random question but I have always wondered.

  7. #7powerjoke2009-11-17 22:40

    My guess is NO,....being from St.Louis MO and all :idontgetit Pj

  8. #8JTL2009-11-18 02:49

    Im thinking thats a Sukut , or a Mesa Contracting job. Pretty impressive. Its to bad all those machines will see a tragic end in 2012 due to the "clean air" crap in California.

  9. #9Gavin84w2009-11-18 05:05

    They are Ralph Mitzels machines and the garbage cell they were digging was somewhere in Arizona i believe, lucky we have a hardened enthusiast like Kenny to look after us with all the great big iron footage. Absolute crap all this pollution stuff but no getting away from it

  10. #10WColtharp2009-11-18 13:37

    Good catch on that one ace. I didn't even notice his location and the only reason I asked is because those video's are from his website.

  11. #11amtronic2009-11-18 17:19

    Equipment will probably end up in China, no emissions concerns there!

  12. #12dozerbill572009-11-18 17:59

    Going to China Maybe i should sell my 641's to China , no one here in the United States seem to want them ! :usa :drinkup :Banghead

  13. #13RANDY ROME2009-11-18 22:53

    good video socalearthmovers the best in videos of heavy machinery

  14. #14385C2009-11-25 19:37

    Agree with Randy on this one. Best site on the web by far when it comes to heavy equipment pictures and videos. I have gotten lost for hours several times going through all his galleries of photos. Thanks for yet another incredible video and keep up the great work:usa Jeremy

  15. #15coolcatman12009-11-25 21:10

    thats how they load scrapers down here only they run 657's and d11's its mighty impressive to watch :drinkup