Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Vinyl excavator cab?

csthompson12 · 2021-11-27 14:39

I was looking for a vinyl excavator cab for a Takeuchi 260 with an open cab. Thought it would be nice for winter to keep the snow out. I can’t seem to find any for the Takeuchi, but lots of others have them available. Anyone use one on a Takeuchi?

Replies9
  1. #1TIredoldparts2021-11-27 19:36

    never seen one, but that would be handy on my deere 50d.

  2. #2csthompson122021-11-27 20:21

    They seem to make them for the Deere excavators too

  3. #3TIredoldparts2021-11-27 22:17

    nice, how do I contact them?

  4. #4Don.S2021-11-28 14:08

    How do you keep it from fogging or icing up? I can hardly get some of our cab machines to stay clear.

  5. #5Tinkerer2021-11-28 14:47

    The distortion of the view through that would be something to consider.

  6. #6csthompson122021-11-28 15:20

    Mostly this would just be to keep snow and ice off the controls in the winter.. I don’t have a barn to store it in over the winter. I don’t do any big projects over the winter. So I’m not worried about fogging up. Just occasional moving snowbanks. The cab would be taken off in the spring.

  7. #7Don.S2021-11-28 20:10

    Thick clear plastic and tuck tape.

  8. #8farmboy5552021-12-01 07:06

    I had one made fo my Yanmar vio55, think the company was in jersey Maybe $800. about 3 yrs ago

  9. #9Vetech632021-12-01 08:17

    If your women are handy with a sewing machine, they could whip one of those out for you on the cheap!