Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Vio 20 2000 grey market excavator parts

Hill hermit · 2025-06-17 01:02

Hi all I'm new to this world.. I just purchased a 2000 Yanmar Vio 20 with 1000 hrs on the clock to clear some land in Croatia and had no idea about the "grey market" I called the main parts supplier in Zagreb and was told there's no support for my machine. Can someone please tell me where I can order parts ? Thanks guys

Replies14
  1. #1Innocent bystander2025-06-17 20:34

    Find another machine similar to yours and use that SN to order parts. Wont be 100% accurate but will get you most parts.

  2. #2Hill hermit2025-06-18 15:51

    i'm on a small island and unfortunately I don't know anyone with a similar excavator . It's proving to be very difficult to find a part number

  3. #3Kobe Steel2025-06-19 21:26

    have no clue where you can order parts but this parts manual may be similar to what you have. https://kattrak.com/wp-content/uploads/Parts-Manual-Yanmar-VIO20-3.pdf

  4. #4Universal Parts2025-06-21 23:25

    Do you have a picture of the old part? Let me confirm which part it is, maybe you can contact me to help you find it, I have a large aftermarket parts market here

  5. #5CStracker2025-06-22 21:19

    I’ve had plenty of of luck finding parts based on the serial numbers of each part. For example an alternator. I looked on the old one and there was part number. I ordered a new one from tractorpartsasap for a great price. I also found engine parts by looking up the engine model and found the different machines that engine was used in.

  6. #6Hill hermit2025-06-22 23:07
  7. #7Hill hermit2025-06-22 23:08
  8. #8Hill hermit2025-06-22 23:09

    Hopefully getting sorted out today by a company in Split. Opening the cylinder was very difficult bc there's no facilities on the island.Thank you very much

  9. #9Hill hermit2025-06-27 13:30
  10. #10Hill hermit2025-06-27 13:37

    Update! My main boom cylinder was repaired at Hansa Flex in Split / Croatia. The job was completed in 1 hr by a very professional team.. Now i'm trying to get a full set of filters and I was told that i should bring them all in & the Wacker Neusom dealer in Split who is the Yanmar parts supplier will try to match them off the shelf. Cheers guys

  11. #11Universal Parts2025-06-27 13:38

    Do you have the part number? It's better to attach a photo. On the 19th of this month, I also helped my Swedish partner to find the Yangma vio75 hydraulic pump rotor. The express delivery is on the way.

  12. #12Hill hermit2025-06-28 02:34

    No I don't have a part number bc I don't have a manual for this excavator. Luckily I found a company that repaired the cylinder for me but I'm after a hard copy service manual for my 2000 Vio 20. Thanks

  13. #13ExcavatorPartsVincent2026-06-07 22:54

    For a grey-market machine without a clean parts book, I would build a replacement-part file from the machine and old component rather than ordering from a model name alone. Start with: - machine serial number and any dealer/import tag - photos of the old part installed and removed - casting numbers, nameplate, stamped number or brand mark - overall dimensions and key fitment dimensions - thread/port size, bolt spacing, shaft/spline, pin diameter or link/pitch measurements depending on the part - photos of the mating component it bolts into - whether the original part looks OEM, aftermarket, rebuilt or already substituted Then ask each supplier to prove the match with side-by-side photos or a measurement sheet. A part number is useful, but only if it lines up with the machine serial context and physical dimensions. If the supplier cannot explain the cross-reference, I would treat the quote as unverified.

  14. #14DustAndRay2026-06-08 04:42

    Used to find my idea parts at FridayParts . They seem to carry a pretty wide range of parts for older equipment. Might be worth checking to see if they have what you're after. Good luck!