Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Vio80-1a belt took out slow blow fuse

heymccall ยท 2023-10-23 00:04

First, idler pulley bearing seized. Belt then broke and took out fuse and holder. What do I need to make it like original? Yanmar only offers whole harness.

Replies8
  1. #1heymccall2023-10-23 00:06
  2. #2heymccall2023-10-23 00:08
  3. #3uffex2023-11-04 14:17

    Good day That appears to be the same as on the Volvo may be worth a shot. Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4Vetech632023-11-04 14:24

    Hey! Thinking outside the box and screwing the dealer out of their $2K harness isn't allowed here!

  5. #5uffex2023-11-04 14:25

    Ok be more careful in future

  6. #6heymccall2023-11-04 15:23

    Engine V-belt not listed in Vio80-1a parts manual. That would be stupid. Fortunately, the original didn't disappear with the AC belt.. It wore an A-44 belt. You can use an A-44, an AX-44, or a 15455 Dayco. I chose the middle. As for the AC Belt, good luck with the OEM number, 172A69-18190, which goes to this, 7850211330, and both are an HM60 size and profile, whatever that is. I went with a 15595 Dayco, which fits with modification, but, could actually stand to be a bit longer. If you need to change the pulley out, use extra caution when the pulley bolt is fully removed. I never did find that nut, and it's special. I made one from an M10 flanged lockout, with the lock shave by grinding, and the press thru a washer that I die ground a near hex into.

  7. #7heymccall2023-11-04 15:27

    To make access easier, youll need an 1-5/8" open end wrench. The hose at the top of the oil cooler is to be disconnected, and you will lose approximately 3 little drops of oil. Then loosen the bottom fitting just enough to swing it away. Voila, the fat guy can now fit better. Having 8 Takeuchis and 2 Yanmar, I already had a BSPP cap and plug, but, as long as you keep the hose end up, caps aren't really needed. Even laying down, that hose lost very little.

  8. #8uffex2023-11-05 10:18

    Nice picts