Have A 2012 volvo 160 . Last year volvo came out and replaced the large oring on top of swing motor . Well they cracked the bolt hole and that was that. I fought them on it and it just because a hassle and realized no one is honest except the mechanic who admitted it probably his fault. Well i found a used swing motor because i needed one asap because i was in the middle of a job and is real good shape. Im demoing a hosue today and i notice when i let go of swing control the machine stops buy had alot of play like i can grt out of the machine and push the bucket side to side with my power . How much if any is normal. I dont remember it ever doing this . Bot thoughts or suggestions . I check the ring gear but push the bucket to ground and moving up and down and i see no play up snd down at all.
Did you have the swing motor ONLY replaced or the whole assembly, motor and gearbox?
Sounds like you’ve already been through a headache with that swing motor. A little bit of side-to-side movement can be normal depending on wear, but being able to push it by hand feels excessive. I’d start by checking swing bearing tolerances and also make sure the used motor isn’t bypassing internally. Sometimes a “good shape” used part still has hidden slack.