2010 volvo 160CL ser #120717. One of the final drives leaks the 80-90w out of it. its not overfull just has a decent leak out of seal. Does anybody know if any special tools are needed to pull it apart? Anything special needed to install the new seal? not afraid to tackle it , just planning ahead. Thanks
Good day Being prepared must be the correct way to get results, you will need some bungs on hand as fluid will run from the lines draining the tank. I can get hold of the section from the manual if that would be of help. Kind regards Uffex
So, to add to what's already been posted by Uffex, Simple hand tools. It's easier to do on the vertical vs horizontal. It all depends on whether you can split the track comfortably. Depending on vintage, the brake, hi speed and case drain may be O-ring face seal or BSPP. The flange hoses will most definitely be sch 62 high pressure. In the past, I have done them in frame. It's dicey, you don't have leverage and the planetaries don't cooperate, but it can be done. Improper cleaning and frozen mud are the biggest enemies of the floating seal. Definitely want a pressures washer handy, if possible.
I would help, but I don't even know if the radio works yet.
No one works without tunes and A/C these days. Gotta have priorities.
Yes CO we have tunes working. got an adapter cord that worked with an off the shelf radio. thanks for the car options tip.
I thought about doing it in frame. maybe I will rethink that and remove the whole thing. thanks
If you don't mind the manual information would be helpfull. thanks.
Good day Please see PM Kind regards Uffex
Got it out of the track frame this am. Went pretty good. Man that’s highway robbery for the seal.
Legal robbery. Seems there is also some cheaper after market alternatives available? Or will there be quality issues... Appreciated to see some pictures how this will continue. Planning same operation for my EC210CL.
Hey Farmerlund, please say you haven't bought it yet, I can have one to you in a week for half that price Edit just realised that is your invoice not a quote.
yep its mine. they had it in stock. do you have a good Volvo parts source? I am going to have to start looking. that crap is redickulas.
Hi Farmerlund, yes the company I work for supply's Volvo Construction parts, genuine, OEM and aftermarket. We have a few customers now in the states in a pocket in Georgia for some reason.
Where you been all my career?
Where you been all my career? The wrong side of the pond and the wrong side of poor exchange rates for the last few years unfortunately, it's getting better, Not every thing is massively cheaper, but we try to be.
Find your SLP dealer in the USA they supply tons of aftermarket Volvo, our cost from SLP supplier is $275.69USD. Mind you your dealer will mark that up. Your closest probably Van Keppel in Iowa. Shipping won't be much to you.
Back together. Ready for action again.