Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

volvo 210blc 12v electrical problems

batmanx11 ยท 2013-11-10 22:09

Hi, I have a 2006 Volvo 210BLC excavator with some electrical problems. I recently had a bad battery, which ruined the alternator. I replaced the Batteries and alternator, which remedied the problem. The problem I have now is that the radio and 12Volt auxillary outlet do not work. THey are fused with a 10 amp fuse, and blow this fuse the second I put a new fuse in the fuse box for these two circuits. All other 24 volt functions work correctly. I've checked out the radio and aux. 12 v circuit, they both seem ok. I've removed and disassembled the 24v- 12v converters, and there is no visible damage inside of them, no burnt parts, no bad wires, etc. I've ohmed the conductors going into and out of the converters, and have those values written down if that would help solve the problem. I've determined that there is 24 volts being supplied from the fuse box, and the fuse won't blow if the converter box is disconnected. It seems like the short or what ever problem I have is either between the converter and ground on the 24 volt or 12 volt side. Its really perplexing, and I might be able to understand it better if I had a wiring diagram?? Has anyone else had this problem with a Volvo excavator? Any respones and information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1uffex2013-11-11 07:45

    Good day batmanx11 I have attached some info that you may find helps, if you need more come back to us at [email protected]

  2. #2batmanx112013-11-11 11:47

    Thank you UFFEX for the wiring info! I printed it out but its too blurry to see the finite details. Have you ever experienced this type of electrical problem with a Volvo 210b?

  3. #3uffex2013-11-11 12:26

    Good day Batmanx11 We are limited to PNG file format with the web site if you would drop a line to us we can send a PDF file (much better quality). In respect of your question we are aware that if you use this 12volt outlet for to much it blows the voltage dropper. Later units were increased in specification, however you could only provide power for a PC and not CB. Kind reagrds Uffex