Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo 210c Leaking from. Fitting what is it ? With pics ?

bigrich954rr · 2020-07-10 23:29

Why is there a hole in it ?

Replies25
  1. #1bigrich954rr2020-07-10 23:41

    I bet it’s something to do with the control circuit and I think it’s coming from that little hole but I’m not sure? I wanna plug that hole up but I’m betting I shouldn’t? Looking for all info I can get and is there any kind of pre-load setting or something like that looks like It controls a little valve with a little spring

  2. #2Ct Farmer2020-07-11 00:11

    Should be for setting system pressure or a relief pressure setting. Either way you adjust it while you have gauges on the appropriate circuit following an adjustment procedure. Some require remote gauges in the cab so you can operate controls and watch the pressure doing specified moves. As for the hole, are you sure it is not a hex for an Allen wrench?

  3. #3bigrich954rr2020-07-11 02:36

    Arg all things I didn’t want to hear. I Teflon tape some of the threads gonna let it sit overnight come back and play around a little bit. I ended up just counting how many turns I pulled them out with Anyone have a diagram of what all the parts and hoses do

  4. #4mg23612020-07-11 05:25

    I don't know anything about Volvo's, but that picture of the leak is coming from your adjustment screw and not from that hole. I would not block that hole nor would I use Teflon tape. That hole is probably there for a reason. Hopefully Funwithfuel or Paul Council will chime in. Those two are the resident Volvo guys.

  5. #5BigWrench552020-07-11 08:21

    I agree with mg2361. Hard to tell but that looks like the port relief valve for the bucket circuit. Post the serial number and I can look into it.

  6. #6bigrich954rr2020-07-11 16:52

    Any thing else you need ?

  7. #7funwithfuel2020-07-12 18:32

    That's port relief for option hammer/shear function. there should be a fitting on the tip of that relief for raised pressure. Either that or it should have a plug if there is no option equipment installed. That said, your build list says it was factory equipped with X1 hammer shear so there should be a nipple and hose attached to the end of that relief.

  8. #8funwithfuel2020-07-12 18:33

    take a look at the attached parts page. I think it will help clarify

  9. #9funwithfuel2020-07-12 18:43

    That relief has to be set twice. Once for low pressure and again for high. You would be able to monitor your pressure right from the display. If this doesn't make sense, you may wanna call an experienced tech in your area.

  10. #10bigrich954rr2020-07-12 20:58

    Ok I see what you mean yes it has a fitting and hose on the top of it . what’s the one next to it . To the left ? is there any reason it would be leaking or just one of thought things that just break . I did put a thumb on it ?

  11. #11funwithfuel2020-07-12 21:11

    You probably never adjusted the port reliefs on either side when installing the thumb. There is a simple single stage on the bottom of the valve for the B function. The valve that's on top is the 2 stage for A function. Consider this scenario. You close your thumb. Your spool is now centered, oil can't go anywhere. You curl your bucket and impact the thumb. You have 4300 psi or so to curl with. The oil in the thumb has nowhere to go. If the relief is set above 2500 psi, one of 3 things happens. 1, crack the piston/blow the packing. 2, bend the rod. 3, split the can. As strange as it sounds, the hose rarely fails. The relief failing is strange and uncommon. Some serious argument must have occurred between the two cylinders.

  12. #12funwithfuel2020-07-12 21:16

    The neighboring spool is arm or boom 2 if I remember correctly. That helps speed up oil flow to boom up or arm in when the demand is great enough.

  13. #13bigrich954rr2020-07-13 10:03

    Yeah the pressures were never reset the tech that came out said I didn’t have to do anything. Yeah the rod and the Cylinder for the hydraulic ram are both good. it’s weird that the reliefs is leaking on the stick/boom and thumb/hammer circuits. I’ll mess around with the other leaking one probably at the end of the week. I’ve slowed the hammer/thumb one down or stopped it can’t tell with the other one leaking Is there anywhere I can buy the tech manual for this machine. I did plan on replacing the hydraulic fluid which I’m slowly doing five gallons at a time every week and a half to two. I spent many years in the military learning and fixing hydraulic circuits. a lot of it coming back to me but having tech manuals would really help

  14. #14funwithfuel2020-07-13 10:30

    Your best bet would be to contact the local dealer. Tell them you need the complete service manual for your machine. Unfortunately, it comes in individual sections. It should be 2 or 3 binders full when all is said and done. They are very proud of their service literature. You may even enquire about a customer version of PROSIS . It gives you parts and service literature online. But, its subscription dependent.

  15. #15bigrich954rr2020-07-13 12:26

    What screen would I find the psi to adjust the thumb . and I guess screwing it in would increase the pressure. after I fixed the leak the thumb is way weaker now

  16. #16funwithfuel2020-07-13 12:29

    From the home screen, scroll down to service. Press and hold the enter key. The screen will flash and say, now entering service mode. Then scroll up or down to hydraulic, hit enter, then find pump pressure 1 & 2 . Those are your pump pressure

  17. #17funwithfuel2020-07-13 12:31

    You must be in shear mode. Beforehand. Then you will set your high pressure to 2500 or less. Do not go beyond. I know of no attachment that allows more for a thumb.

  18. #18bigrich954rr2020-07-13 14:53

    Ok thank you very much for your help and time. I will mess with that later. how do you seal the jam nuts . There no space for a packing and backer ? Why no Teflon tape on threads of the body ?

  19. #19funwithfuel2020-07-13 14:58

    Only the internal slides are sealed to one another. Jam nuts are dry. Body is dry.

  20. #20funwithfuel2020-07-13 15:00

    Never ever use teflon tape. Paste is acceptable if absolutely necessary. There are MP orifice in the spools themselves. Some orifice are so fine, 3 red hairs could plug it up solid.

  21. #21bigrich954rr2020-07-13 16:20

    Arg guess I’ll have to buy new ones

  22. #22bigrich954rr2020-07-15 13:48

    Any chance you can get me some part numbers so I can try and order some. can I using any Orings that would fit ?

  23. #23funwithfuel2020-07-15 14:17

    See attached in post 9

  24. #24funwithfuel2020-07-15 14:18

    Why doesn't anyone look at the attachments

  25. #25bigrich954rr2020-07-15 15:07

    Sorry I just saw a weird Symbol on the post cause of how my phone works. If I was on my computer I’d see it. Thank I will check them out when I get home. You guys have been a life saver . Wish I could Afford some new equipment cause every time I check it out it works great . Then I bring it home and start running it long hours all these little things pop up. I love running the Volvo Eq. But the service out by me is lacking a little