Does anyone here know how difficult it is to replace a couple of links in the track on a volvo 460? and whats involved in changing them out? Thanks.
Just about the same as doing any 40 - 50 ton machine, have you done it before?
A good set of bottles
Well im in the process of rebuilding the undercarrige on a kabelco 120 but its much smaller. The pins must be hammered out on it, so im guessing its the same on this volvo. I dont really know for sure. A guy called me and told me a link in the chain broke and he wants to know how much it would cost in labor to replace a couple of links. I really dont know how much until i get into it and know how much work it will be approx.
We used the bucket to lift this one up and put an old rim and tire off a skidder or something under it...lol.
Well like said above it should be just the same process only a lot heavier!!! If you have oxy acetylene it will make it alot easier, and a bit of help will make a big differance! What is your main line of work, nice looking truck, got any more pics? CPS
i do have a oxy/acet. rig but its small. i used it to cut the chains off this kabelco. This is my main line of work, I started about two months ago and buisness is starting to pick up. I desperately need a crane for my truck, luckily ive had help on the jobs that required lifting but i know im gonna need a crane soon....they are just so dang expensive! You can see more picks on my website. at planbequipmentrepair.com .I plan on taking more pics as i go...i should have done that in the begining but i didnt think about it. I dont really specialize in heavy equipment only, i also work on trucks and trailers and farm tractors...pretty much everything heavy.
I changed some on a 290 a few weeks ago, what a PITA!! Used a track press though which made life ALOT easier. You can order repair kits from Volvo that come with all the parts needed to replace one link. We brought it back to the workshop. The master link I reckon you could hit out but the rest would need a press to put back in. I left the pins in the freezer for 48hrs and it helped when we but them in.
Dude, where can i get one of those presses at?!!!
Not sure but I reckon proper tool shops can point you in the right direction. The agents normally have them (were agents) and some of them will hire them out. Phone around and find out. That one is rated at 700bar!!
Do a google search for WTC Machinery. easy enough. Problem is that track pin presses are CRAZY expensive. Something as simple as what is shown sells for around $8k!
Track presses and tooling to work on equipment are expensive, that is part of reason dealer rates are so darned high.
Well maybe i can make one out of some steel and a bottle jack? :beatsme
Hi,I am new to this forum ... my uncle owns quite a few volvo excavators,EC290,EC460 and EC700 ... I am currently needing to buy some spareparts for them. Does anyone ever bought parts from Itopglobal or HeavyPartSolution? ( Both are South Korea based companies) ... Any help would be greatly appreciated,thank you in advance ...