Looking for opinions on an A25C gearbox. GKN manufactured gearbox. Dumper will go into forward and reverse but will not shift up through the gears. Box has had the oil removed, although dirty oil no metallic contamination found. Oil filter cleaned and re-fitted. No difference. However on the over run going down hill it WILL shift up through the gearbox. Local plant company insists on wanting to fit a reconditioned gearbox they have on the shelf @ £7500 ($11,500). This gearbox must have been used in different aplications. £7500 seems a lot of money when our 'knackered' gearbox is going to be an exchange unit. What could possibly cost £7500 inside that gearbox! GKN manufactured gearbox. A few thoughts of the top of my head: My first thought is there must be a valve body inside the gearbox that controls the clutch packs through solenoid valves and pressure. This I assume can be removed/reconditioned. I know it is not a lot of money to have an automotive valve body reconditioned. Any ideals welcome!!
Hi There, there is a part called a potensiometer on the engine that tells the box when to change! sounds as if its out of range! it has a small linkage connecting it to the injector pump, it has 2 spud type things on the body of it and a lever pointing up wards that has linkage connect to! the lever has to be at 2 oclock when idling and 10 oclock when flatout! (or vice versa not sure) the fact that you say it changes going down hill is pointing me that way! Hope that helps Aiden
Hi, as aiden says the linkage on the potentiometer ball ends wear allowing it to move out of alignment, this can be adjusted or ball ends replaced as req, check wiring to unit also, if this is no help I would suggest getting a Volvo engineer to check as old 25c had many a wiring fault in harness, this may save you money as the box may be ok.
Check your speed sensors on the transmission for faults
Hey fellas We have a 1999 A 40 that has lost drive it feels like it is engaging a gear as there is slight movement in the prop to the Dropbox. It will select reverse but will not come back to neutral. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Steve
just to help a little bit, the part aiden described is pic below, if it works View attachment A25c load sensor.pdf it is located directly behind the injection pump i have also sent you a private message regarding the transmission.
My dumper A25c will select gear normal but 'll not move. I 've tried all we could but still not moving.
Hi, can anyone able to tell me how many wires connecting to the transmission of a BM volvo A25 C. I see two wire harness one for the retarder and the main harness is there any more.
Hi, I'm enquiring if anyone can help me I want to know how many wires connecting to a BM volvo A25 C transmission I can see one harness for the retarder and the other main harness. Is there any other wires connecting to the transmission that I can check.
Hi can you able to please tell me is there wires going to that speed sensor
Hi sir i am new about adt a25c shifting lever gear sometime engage sometimes not engage can you help me to solve this problem pls, thanks
Where did you send me in private message in my email sir?
I notice today when i start the machine it will engage the gear when i rev and try again to engage i got nothing and icheck the output transmission i did not found I Dont know if the engine sensor is in the front near the injection pump and how to check sir thanks
Any one knows the wiring harness of transmission, and any one know how to trouble shoot this a25c ADT because when on the ignition key it will engage the gear from forward and reverse but when i put in neutral then i rev and put the lever gear in drive it will not engage , what i did is i will off the key then back on again again will engage, thanks for the advice