Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo A25D Dump Truck door ajar light stays on

Justin98 · 2022-04-29 09:29

2005 Volvo A25D A25DV13985 The door ajar light is on and will not go out. The machine will not shift out of first gear and has no power to the 3 wire sensor. The fuses have been checked and are good and the relay has been swapped. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Replies19
  1. #1sfrs42022-05-03 08:38

    are you getting power from both the relay and the fuse F5? see attached wiring diag

  2. #2Gary Layton2022-05-03 09:27

    attachment not working here....

  3. #3Nige2022-05-03 09:57

    Works for me. Try it on something other than a smart phone.

  4. #4Gary Layton2022-05-03 10:03

    Good try but wrong. Using the same PC here I always use. I just re-tried...had to find exact right spot to click on. This is what shows on the monitor here:

  5. #5Nige2022-05-03 10:45

    This is what I get when I click on the attachment.................

  6. #6sfrs42022-05-04 05:23

    Thanks Nige, was going to say it works as normal when i click on it, not sure why it won't open.

  7. #7sfrs42022-05-04 05:38

    The wiring loom goes down the left hand B pillar ( as your sat in the seat looking forward) then to the connections marked C20 behind the fuse board. i'd check the plug connection C20 if your fuse and relay are fine, if not there is a plug in the roof lining for the door sensor, try there

  8. #8Gary Layton2022-05-04 10:33

    I did get it to open finally. All's good.

  9. #9tygrys19912023-05-15 08:25

    Powitanie. Prąd mam w dwóch przewodach i przewód uziemiający jest ok. Czujnik zamknięcia drzwi jest nowy. Nadal pokazuje otwarte drzwi, a Volvo A30D nie zmienia biegów. Co jeszcze możesz sprawdzić?

  10. #10sfrs42023-05-16 03:36

    Cześć, przepraszam, polski nie jest językiem, którym mówię, więc użyłem tłumacza google. Przy otwartych drzwiach zasilanie powinno być tylko w przewodzie czerwonym, czarny powinien być uziemiony, a biały powinien być przewód przełączany, przy otwartych drzwiach nie powinno być napięcia, przy zamkniętych drzwiach powinno być napięcie

  11. #11tygrys19912023-05-16 03:48

    Hello. Thank you for the information. The sensor transmits current to the white cable. But still the computer reads the open door. And that's why it still won't shift gears . Regards

  12. #12sfrs42023-05-16 08:32

    What serial number is your machine? There are a few differences in the wiring on these!

  13. #13tygrys19912023-05-16 09:47

    A30Dv14847

  14. #14sfrs42023-05-16 10:02

    do you have 2 switches in the door frame above the door? if not then there is a relay somewhere behind the ECU's on the left hand side of the cab, that is the only thing except the ECU failing, if you have two switches it must be the other one

  15. #15Ayabulela Gqomo2025-02-05 02:49

    Can you please resend these two Attachments I am struggling to open them

  16. #16sfrs42025-02-05 03:54

    try these, they're just pdf documents so should be easy enough

  17. #17Ayabulela Gqomo2025-02-07 01:09

    Sir this Dumper keeps on the door even after I had removed and put back that Relay

  18. #18Ayabulela Gqomo2025-02-07 01:42

    I tried to remove these Relays and switched the truck completely of to reset it but the door warning light stays on any advice on what I could try again

  19. #19sfrs42025-02-07 05:36

    take a lump of metal and place it in front of the sensor in the door frame, if the light goes out on the dash board then the proximity sensor is the problem, if not your going to need to look further into the wiring