Hey I have a Volvo a25d dump truck, and the serial # is A25DV13985 When we apply the the park brake, something they work, and something the don’t work, I was wondering if y’all had any suggestions on where I should start, and I was also wondering the correct procedure on adjusting the park brakes ( mostly how much I need to back them off after they are ran down) Thank y’all for any help
Park brake is held on by a spring and released by air, there is an adjustment to made that should then auto adjust after the initial setting, wind the allen headed bolt until the pads touch the disc then turn it back 3/4 of a turn or 7 clicks, slide until the rear pad touches the disc and you should have no more than 1.3 mm between the front pad and disc surface. lastly how thick is your brake disc min wear thickness is 22mm and your pads shouldn't get less than 5mm thick
9x outta 10, the hitch area is packed with clay, mud or grease. The rotor is covered in filth so there's more work for the spring brake to do. Sometimes you'll see the sliding anchorage has a notch dug in where it can't slide properly, make sure it's free to move. Lastly, check the spring brake, that the coil is not broken inside. It's basically the same as a heavy truck park brake. Good luck.
Thank y’all for all the information and help I’m gunna try to get a look at it tomorrow Thanks
The spring in the brake chamber was broken. I replaced it and the pads, and it’s working again. thank y’all for the help