Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo A35

mpolk ยท 2018-03-08 13:46

Can anyone tell me how to clear codes on a Volvo A35 truck?

Replies7
  1. #1Mark2502018-03-08 14:35

    what model ? if early machine the codes displayed above your head are generally active but sometimes you need to reset by turning isolator on and off. logged codes are cleared by the service box mark

  2. #2mpolk2018-03-08 14:43

    2015 A35G code below. We changed trans filters and they were dirty but don't know how to clear codes and unhooking battery didn't work

  3. #3funwithfuel2018-03-08 15:36

    Gonna need tech tool .

  4. #4mpolk2018-03-08 16:06

    What type/brand tool do I need? We also run highway trucks and we have a NEXIQ Pro Link Plus. Is it something I can do with a tool like that or is software available for a laptop? If something is available, I think we would be better off spending the money.....we are a long way from nearest dealer and the drive time we get charged to have them send someone out costs so much I am sure we would be money ahead.

  5. #5funwithfuel2018-03-08 17:49

    Sorry, tech tool is dealer level software. There is a customer version available through your dealer. It will allow code reading, clearing and basic troubleshooting. You will need the interface and cables . I believe just the hardware is about 26-2800 plus they have to put the software on your laptop and turn it on for another 2k or so. Then you have the anual subscription. I don't have any idea on that cost. If you are that far from a dealer, they may work with you, since you still have to source your parts through them.

  6. #6funwithfuel2018-03-08 17:50

    Oh and good luck.

  7. #7Ben Witter2018-03-08 19:12

    UMMM sorry but that code is for slipping clutches. Your dirty filter is a result of worn clutch material. Time to call your dealer!