I currently have in our shop a volvo a35d. when I first started it up, it started fine. I took it to the wash pit and it wouldn't start back up. bled a bunch of air out of the fuel lines and it would start back up, I pulled it up to the shop and then in neutral while holding the throttle at wide open, the engine began slowing down and died. this morning to start it, after bleeding the fuel system, I had to have 1 guy pumping the priming pump, and another cranking it while I shot ether in it just to start. I pulled it in the shop and let it sit. the fuel filters didn't empty out and after bleeding the fuel system i seemed to have good flow of air free fuel at the bleeder screw on the block. now I'm somewhat stumped waiting on my SOS sample of the engine oil to come back seeing if there is fuel in it. Any ideas?
Check the fuel return line if it has one. Make sure it's clear back to the tank. They are installed to constantly bleed fuel back to tank and take any air picked up with it. They are essential on any installation where the fuel level in the tank can get below the level of the fuel pump. Later Bob
has the filter head been replaced yet? the d series were prone to poor filter heads the pump on them leaks (there are numerous part supersessions) unfortunatly you cant buy the parts to fix the pumps just the replacement head