Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo A35E Dump Truck – Park Brake Issues

ms0115 · 2020-08-11 15:23

Volvo A35E Dump Truck VCE0A35EC00010230 When you flip the switch to disengage the park brake, the park brake disengages, but the light remains on. The truck will not go into gear until the light goes out. Sometimes it takes a minute or so before it goes out. Any ideas or thoughts. Thanks.

Replies27
  1. #1BigWrench552020-08-11 20:09

    Sounds like the exhaust side of the air valve is plugged up and causing it to release the brake slowly.

  2. #2heymccall2020-08-11 23:26

    Try stabbing the road brakes after turning off the parking brake. On my A30C trucks, there was a pressure switch under the rh console that would get goofy.

  3. #3funwithfuel2020-08-12 07:08

    When was the last time you drained your air tanks?

  4. #4ms01152020-08-12 07:30

    Will try the stabbing the service bake today and check out the exhaust port. Drained the tank yesterday had a little water but clean.

  5. #5funwithfuel2020-08-12 16:33

    Service brakes won't do you any good. You have hydraulic wet brakes. The parking brake is on the driveline inside the hitch. Are you maintaining adequate air pressure, or does it have a leak?

  6. #6ms01152020-08-15 11:24

    Can any tell me with one of the controls Se5501 or ma4604 controls the transmission for going in and out of gear when the park brake is released? They have air to them air goes thru them and stops with the switch. The two lines going down will hold pressure. Thanks

  7. #7ms01152020-08-15 11:25

    One more picture

  8. #8funwithfuel2020-08-15 11:28

    Your computer relies on feedback from park brake to allow trans to travel. Until the computer knows your brakes are released, you're in neutral.

  9. #9ms01152020-08-15 11:36

    I'm at the machine now any ideas on how to proceed? Could the electronic part of the ether one of this be the cause? We cleaned the connections

  10. #10funwithfuel2020-08-15 11:51

    Measure SE5501. See if you can send 4.5 volts to from EB26 to EB5. That should trick it.

  11. #11funwithfuel2020-08-15 11:53

    Sorry, that would be at the computer. At the sensor, jump pin 1 to pin 2. If you disassemble the connector socket, the wiring is accessible back probing.

  12. #12funwithfuel2020-08-15 11:58

    best I can do on the weekend

  13. #13ms01152020-08-15 12:06

    Can you send it the way you sent the first one cant on the file.

  14. #14funwithfuel2020-08-15 12:11

    Best I can do.

  15. #15ms01152020-08-15 12:12

    Got it to come up

  16. #16ms01152020-08-15 12:55

    Thanks for the help. I have not track the problem down yet. But I another call I need to go to. Be back on it Monday.

  17. #17funwithfuel2020-08-15 12:56

    Good luck. We'll be here.

  18. #18ms01152020-08-18 12:16

    It was the air pressure sensor on top of SE 5501. Thanks for the guidance.

  19. #19Jaoh ward 1922023-08-11 19:12

    @ms0115 can you show me exactly where I’ve this problem with one of your a25e and can’t get to bottom of it we’ve replaced se5501-3 and still no good

  20. #20Jaoh ward 1922023-08-11 19:28

    @funwithfuel

  21. #21Jo902023-10-29 04:47

    Did you get to the bottom of this I have the same problem

  22. #22Jaoh ward 1922023-10-29 06:27

    We had this same issue code came back to brake pressure sensor which a new one didn’t fix, traced wires back to under seat on our 25e and the steering pressure sensor was faulty which was stopping it engaging gear hope this helps

  23. #23Jo902023-10-29 13:37

    Thanks. I’ve got a steering pressure fault that I didn’t consider relevant to not acknowledging that the hand brake had been released!

  24. #24Jaoh ward 1922023-10-29 15:37

    It was under the seat on our 25 I’d try that as that’s what sorted ours

  25. #25Jo902023-10-30 16:51

    More than just the sensor! The wires had melted. Thanks for your advice.

  26. #26Jaoh ward 1922023-10-31 06:30

    Glad you found it was it the one under the seat?

  27. #27Ryersonleblanc2026-04-20 15:05

    For me ma4604 is dumping air when park brake is released. Than I wasn’t getting air past se5501. Found a blown fuse for park brake and replaced it. Now I’m back to ma4604 dumping air but the park brake is released