A30c dump truck engine ran out of water, kid didn’t watch gauge , , anyhow the #2 piston roasted and cracked the cyl sleeve , was gonna just fix that piston and sleeve , but skeptical , reason for this post is the oil pan , how to remove with those 2 hydraulic pumps in the way, do I have to remove the 2 pumps to get the pan off? I just did a full head overhaul 2 years ago. I’ll inspect the sleeves from the bottom side , or should I not consider to just do a half as job? Do a full overhaul and walk away. Anyhow oil pan? Thanks guys
Unbolt the pumps and drop them down. Should give you enough clearance without having to remove hydraulic hoses/draining hyd tank etc.
Yes, those pumps need to come down. But inspect your hoses carefully. If the suction hoses are badly dry rotted, they'll split when you flex them, then you're swimming in oil. It might be a good time for a thorough freshening up. Depending on your budget. Parts availability for these older girls is very spotty.
all the ones I had anything to do with had a shutoff valve on the hydraulic tank with a spring loaded lever
Had to take the hoses off, didn’t remove the pumps , but next time I would , it was a pain . Used aftermarket parts , came out pretty cheap.
Which engine is it? TD103 or 104 better yet what serial number is it. my suppliers normally have full engine rebuild kits on the self, but just checked, all three kits are on back order until end of next month! sometimes this is due to a missing copper washer or something trivial.