Volvo A40D no start dash comes on and stops at 6th dot. No power to V ecu C ecu T ecu E ecu. Has power at relay 1 no power to fuses 24 25 4 and 10 11 12
Hi do you have power at relay 10 (RE3703) 11(RE3705) and 2 ( RE3702) ? should have power past FC1 ( 50Amp ) Should also have power at relay 8 (RE3301) there are some differences in serial number range so it would be better with your serial number
I know I had power coming into relay 2 but no power coming out of it and I jumped power to fuse 25 and got power to all the fuses and and relay 10 11 2 but I did not have power at relay 8 and still didn’t get anything to work. And one of the 50 amp fuses was blown I replaced it and had power at them but still nothing happened.
The serial is 11045
.
so you should have power to the ignition, make sure you have it from there, bad ignitions, especially A/M ones can cause all sorts of issues, and even worse when people " tap into" the wiring for extra radios, camera kits etc
Yea I’m not in the same state as the machine right now but I’ll check when I get back in a couple days.
With key in on position I have power at 15-30-DR-R and no power at 50-P-19 and with key in starting position I have power at 30-DR-50 and none at 19-P-R-15.
I accidentally put P in the 19 spot
hope this helps
I’ll have a look.
I checked our other running truck and the ignition did the same thing so it isn’t the ignition, do you have any Other ideas for me to try, please and thank you.
It is sounding very much like a ground fault somewhere. look at the original wiring diagram I sent through and find those grounding points, check them out.
I cleaned all the grounding points and jumped the starter and it works but still nothing changed.
At this point I'm out of any further knowledge, it's starting to look like it's an ECU issue.
It has a bad fuse panel and a bad spot in the wiring harness inside the cab.
I had forgotten to mention that it was not a bad fuse panel or the wiring harness, we had replaced the fuse panel and taken the whole wiring harness out of the cab and checked it, had no problems in the wiring harness, It was actually a bad VECU.