I have a 2011 EC240CLR that is in need of a total air conditioning overhaul. It is a ECU controlled unit. Prices from the dealer add up to over $10K. The display continually gives a "no communication error from the failed ECU." Has anyone retrofitted with aftermarket components. I am good with the compressor and condensor but the evap is going to take some engineering. I also need to clear the error message. Any thoughts or ideas are welcome, Thanks
for the communication error, unless you have a harness problem or voltage issue, your gonna have to change the ECU...
don`t go to a dealer---find a shop that specializes in a/c and then get them to diagnose and fix-repair......Rarely does a dealer have the ability Tony
Thanks for your input. I know whyI have the com error. The AC ECU failed. What I am trying to do is retro fit the ac with aftermarket parts doing away withe the volvo ecu. Just looking for someone that may have already ran into this.
You can always put a Red dot on the roof. You could hang meat in it then!. If you want something that fits into the same space as the original unit you will have to have a shop design one and it will probably cost you a fair amount. What all are they doing for 10k? an ECU is not that expensive, That's probably the cost of all the components in the AC system.. In the end if you remove the ECU you will still have the error code for communication failure.