Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo B-series pattern change (330B to be exact)

djb1053 ยท 2011-10-20 08:49

We just bought a Volvo 330B excavator sight unseen and the seller told us it had a pattern changer. When we got it home it doesn't have one and it is the wring pattern for us. I went and talked to the mechanic at Volvo and he informed me that if I switch the pattern I will have problems. I was wondering if anyone has done this? And if and what kind of problems do you have? And which hoses do I change, I found the block behind the cab. Thanks for all the help.

Replies6
  1. #1michel2011-10-20 15:12

    Usually on other machine you can switch hose without having a problem and I did it many times and all mechanics do this. I have no experience on volvo excavator, but it should done without problem unless you have to switch some electric wiring at the same time. A manual or schematic will be very helpfull in this case

  2. #2DirectTech2011-10-20 20:18

    you can switch the pilot lines on the block behind the cab, just as long as you do it before the tees

  3. #3djb10532011-10-21 08:33

    Yeah we have a 22o komatsu that has been changed. But i was wondering which hoses to change on this volvo?

  4. #4DirectTech2011-10-21 22:42

    The lines you need to swap and marked BU, BD, AO, AI on the manifold block where the pilot lines meet.

  5. #5wildhorse trnr2011-10-21 22:45

    DirectTech has it right, I have had to swap a few for some customers that purchased the older units at auctions. Never had any problem.

  6. #6djb10532011-10-28 09:02

    So basically is the A or B closer to the door? I guess if all else fails we can crack the lines and see which squirts when we move the pilot controls.