Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

VOLVO BL70 lost F/R transmission

MattReb ยท 2022-08-15 09:32

Hello all. I have had a BL70 for about 2 years now. No real issues with it. Last week I was driving into a pile and wen to shift into reverse and lost all ability to move forward or backwards. It starts and runs fine, all hydraulics are fine. I can not use the F/R knob on the column or if switched at the controls, I can't use the thumb switch on the bucket controls. ANY trouble shooting advice would be great. I'd also like to get my hands on a service manual but there are 100's of places out there to download them and they all seem a little shady. If anyone has had luck with a place to get them, I would appreciate that too. Thanks in advance. Oh its a 2003 BL70 if that matters.

Replies2
  1. #1ykkrs2023-07-12 13:02

    i have the same issues here, did you find a fix?

  2. #2Rigger242025-07-16 00:11

    Any ideas what happened i have the same issue, tore my cab all apart cleaned everything checked all electrical and cannot find culprit