Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo BL71 backhoe loader

Spangles · 2012-10-04 21:35

Hello I'm not absolutely certain this is the right category to post in but if its not then apologies in advance. Purchased a volvo bl71 after a lot of research and hopefully I have not made the wrong choice. I've got a few questions in mind and I'm hoping some of you experts who've been in the business way longer than me can give a few pointers and answers. First time buying plant machinery btw and don't know much about them. Service manual in digital format is at 59 dollars. Is that not a bit steep for a digital version on the manual or am I better off getting the real thing from volvo? Is there a way to train operators or its on the job thing ? Would anyone be kind enough to tell me what is the service routine and the intervals for the machine ? Last but not least, front right tyre has 20% left. The rest have between 70 and 90.% Having watched a few tyre changing vids on youtube, is that really the right way to do it or there's a specific way to change the tyre? Sorry for asking what seems to you guys as newbie questions but everyone got to start somewhere an learn one way or the other and I hope this forum is the right place to learn and share.

Replies1
  1. #1Spangles2012-10-05 11:13

    Just got off the phone from volvo dealer and quoted £208.71 for the manual :eek2