Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

VOLVO cl 140 bl always running at full throttle

EMRE · 2024-07-03 04:00

Hi everyone, I have a 2005 volvo cl 140 bl always running at full throttle and no possibility to adjust the throttle. Now the problems have gotten worse and the code ER11 is lit while the engine is only started at maximum speed/rpm and can not regulate

Replies11
  1. #1sfrs42024-07-05 03:41

    Hi EMRE It sounds like your V-ECU has crapped it's self or is stuck in a program? Fault mode diagnosis Fault mode FMI 12 Detection conditions:dataset memory check sum error Symptom: ○ No engine speed control by the engine speed control switch ○ All options not functioning Possible causes: ○ Self-test error in vehicle control unit (V-ECU)

  2. #2EMRE2024-07-05 13:56

    Thank you for your answer. What can I do? I asked the price of the new V-ECU. It is very expensive. Can I repair V-ECU myself

  3. #3Lagwagon2024-07-06 00:29

    Doubt it, I had to replace one in a C Model. I opened it up but couldn’t see any burn marks, Not sure why it failed. The components are so small I doubt anyone other than Volvo can fix, which they do then Offer as ‘Refurbished’ at a lower price than new.

  4. #4EMRE2024-07-06 01:33

    I'm thinking of pulling a cable from the governor to the inside and controlling it with the potentiometer. For this, I need the wiring diagram from the ECU to the governor. Do you think this will work and how can I find the schematic?

  5. #5funwithfuel2024-07-06 07:40

    Post yer exact model and serial. If it's available, one of us will post it up here. If it's an EC140BLc there should be a relay box on the front of the fuel tank just above the batteries. Carefully take that plastic housing cover off. Be ready to catch the screws that may fall out from beneath the cover. The internals have a tendency come loose. Reassemble the parts but switch EMS & DATA relays with horn and high speed travel. Mark those relays so you can identify later. After that follow the pigtails down to the connectors, check all the connectors for corrosion.

  6. #6EMRE2024-07-06 14:07

    EC140BLC EC140V11124

  7. #7EMRE2024-07-07 06:16

    I checked the relays but nothing changed, I also looked at the sockets, still the same. Could you please send me the diagram of the fuse box so I can be sure, which relay is it exactly? I should buy a new one and install this relay because there was no change when the location was changed. I just noticed that there is no electricity in the cable coming to the throttle pot. Volvo service came to diagnose the problem. and he said that both the entire wiring needs to be changed and the V-ECU needs to be changed. I need the electrical wiring diagram of the governor right now. can i find

  8. #8funwithfuel2024-07-08 10:26

    Here's schematics

  9. #9funwithfuel2024-07-08 10:27

    Engine ecu measuring

  10. #10funwithfuel2024-07-08 10:28

    VECU measuring

  11. #11funwithfuel2024-07-08 10:29

    Good luck