Looking for an engine manual for my Volvo EC210CL with the D6E engine.
Good day May be able to get a section of the manual if that helps, always struggle to get the complete manual. Kind regards Uffex
Looking for the cooling system info, water pump/thermostat install information, radiator removal information would be a plus. Somethings not right on the cooling system and I want to verify some things. I checked the orientation of the water pump and it appears right. Thanks for the response.
Good day leave it with me I will try to get that section for you. Kind regards Uffex
Hope to be helpful
Good day I have just recieved the same information that Lachau posted. I can only add this attachment. Kind regards Uffex
Good day A thought have you de-clogged the inside of the intercooler. Kind regards Uffex
when you say "somethings not right" what do you mean, a little explanation may go a long way to jogging some ones memory as to something they came across before.
Thanks for the post, I've been busy but I'll look over the information this afternoon. Regarding something not being right, I ran the machine 7 hrs this week on a job. The next day go to start it and track 200 yards and it overheats. It's as if something is blocking a cooling passage. I've pulled the water pump three different times looking for thermostat pieces. I'm considering pulling the water pump housing that bolts to the block to see if I can see anything. First I'm going to pull the rad hoses to make sure someone hasnt shoved a rag in a hose at some point, or that a hose isn't coming apart internally and partially blocking the flow. According to the code history, this has gone on for a year or more. I've used a temp gun when it got hot, the temp at the temp sensor was 230+, thermostat housing 191, lower hose from rad was 170. The hydraulic cooling fan works good, I can hear it increase in speed as the temp goes up. I'm concerned about the head gasket and head as hot as it gets. I'm not seeing any white smoke and the engine runs good. A couple of other questions, is there anywhere in the system that the coolant could mix with the hydraulic oil? It had a lot of water in the oil when i got it and it goes through a lot of coolant now, but I'm not seeing any leaks and I have a hard time believing its burning that much water with no smoke, etc. Any specific things to know if I do need to replace the head gasket?
Thank you
Thank you. I've had that PWM apart and cleaned it up, which got the fan working as it should. It was caked in mud and not making good electrical contact.
Cant remember if that machine has a liquid oil cooler or just air, i'm sure its just air as it's below the radiator and above the charge cooler i think. i will have a look tomorrow when i'm back at work, ( king Charles gave us the day off today)
Why such a temp difference between thermostat housing and sensor ?
That's what I'm trying to figure out as well. I just picked up a new belt to replace the worn one that's on it now. Im thinking circulation issue. I'm also replacing some of the hoses.
where is the temp sensor
The sensor is located in the head on the hydraulic pump end. I've considered running an external hose from there back to the pump to help circulate coolant. This was a mod that caterpillar had done to some of their earlier 3406A engines due to poor circulation.
Ever figure it out?
Yes, the head gasket was leaking at the #4 and #6 cylinders. I was able to get a complete head gasket set and the manual for the engine. What I figured out is this is a Deutz TCD2012 engine. Using that manual and some information out of the volvo D6D engine manual, it was fairly straight forward to pull apart and change. The valve adjustment was different from what I'm used to using the degree method of setting them. I've put just over 50 hrs on the machine since the change with no issues.
Did the engine have the ‘IEGR’ unit above the rocker arms? its a heavy cast steel unit, you can’t miss it.
Yes it did. Its aggravating to set the clearance on.
Tell me about it, I ended up doing mine twice, its finicky and precise and I wasn’t 100% sure I got it right. I don’t like this emission set up one bit, more metal on metal moving parts around valve rods seems like a bad idea to me. Glad you did it by the book.