Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo D6E valve adjustment procedure.

Lagwagon · 2022-11-12 20:47

Hi, Does anyone have the procedure they could send me? This engine has the IEGR system on top of the rocker arm, bit more complex than your average straight 6, I don’t want to go muffing something up. cheers

Replies5
  1. #1uffex2022-11-13 05:55

    Good day Im a bit fond of muffing up myself. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Lagwagon2022-11-15 05:41

    Thanks Uffex, I don’t suppose you have the tightening torque specs also. I’ve just removed the IEGR system and oddly there was a big difference in torque across the 9 or so bolts and they haven’t been touched on this machine before. I really don’t want to muffdive this. cheers.

  3. #3uffex2022-11-15 06:19

    Good day Langwagon I have checked, I do not have that information or access to Prosis. There is a chap subscribing to the HEF "sfrs4" I'm sure he can oblige (Common sfrs4 help out here). Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4funwithfuel2022-11-15 08:06

    Please see attached. Hope this helps. Those screws are torque to yield. Check and make sure none are stretched out.

  5. #5sfrs42022-11-15 13:35

    Sorry guys been off today so not seen this until now, I see FEF has dealt with it though