Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo EC140BLC no throttle or fuel gauge

450case · 2022-10-03 11:37

I just purchased a volvo 140blc excavator. When the machine is started it goes to full throttle. Also the fuel gauge disappears on the I-ecu most of the time. Machine as code 140 sid 250 9. I have checked wiring from the I-ecu to the v-ecu for continuity and they all check out fine. V-ecu has 24 volt. The other thing I noticed is the on the I-ecu it does not display the serial number. It says 0. Before I go buy parts I don’t need does anyone have any suggestions on what else I can check? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you Dillon

Replies7
  1. #1450case2022-10-03 11:39

    Also switching toggle to manual mode I still can’t control throttle. I checked pins on v-ecu while switching manual mode toggle and it does turn power off the the v-ecu

  2. #2funwithfuel2022-10-03 16:46

    There are 2 relays above your battery Box. The relays should be labeled Em app disabled EMS and data, Try swapping those relays with the 2 labeled for the horn and high speed travel please report back your findings

  3. #3uffex2022-10-04 10:12

    Good day You have a good Volvo tech supporting you in FunwithFuel, I suggest spending money for some manual would be misplaced. Attached wiring diagram may help, please check the switch as legs have been known to break. Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4450case2022-10-04 17:54

    Swapped the relays and no change. I have a manual downloaded and am in the process of printing it out

  5. #5funwithfuel2022-10-04 20:09

    The fuel gauge and throttle control loss is usually indicative of a failed VECU. I'd like to provide you with active and passive measuring against the VECU. I will look for the documents and attach them as PDFs

  6. #6funwithfuel2022-10-05 16:49

    Please see attached. If you are careful, and creatively mod paper clips for back-probes, you should be able to get all the measurements. If your inputs are correct and your outputs are not, you might want to prepare for a VECU replacement.

  7. #7funwithfuel2022-10-05 16:55

    Just for giggles, you can measure against the E-ECU. It has a rack fuel system controlled by a stepper motor. Not a lot going on, but worth ruling out. Good luck