Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo Ec150 S1 weld on adapter to Maverick Hammer 4750HSP

StevieV · 2024-05-25 07:20

I purchased a rebuilt, maverick hammer, but the coupler does not fit my Volvo Ec150. I am looking for a well S1 attachment weld on coupler if anyone knows where to get it I would appreciate it. Also, the Maverick was rebuilt and spent $7000 and it heats up every three hours, if anyone knows how to adjust those pressure for nitrogen, please let me know, trying to get hammer and attachment set up for Volvo connection. Anyone have experience with this type of stuff.

Replies2
  1. #192U 34062024-05-25 10:52

    When I did attachments we built all the custom or one-off couplers in-house. We'd just send measurements to a local steel fabricator and they'd burn the ears and sometimes the base out of a steel plate. We'd just weld it together. Probably take about 4-5 hours for a fab shop to assemble one after the pieces were cut. There is no way for the average operator to check/charge the nitrogen. You'll need a nitrogen bottle, a regulator and a charge kit. It'll probably cost around $1500 to get set up with all that. Unless you have several breakers its probably more cost effective to have it done at a shop every year or 2. I think we charged a half hour and would usually do it right on the trailer. Does your machine have one-way flow? Running a breaker in 2-way is hard on it and will cause some heat. Have seen backpressure in 2-way mode exceed 500 PSI on some machines.

  2. #2StevieV2024-05-25 17:06

    It was on a link belt 210 heating up which is a 139HP 6 cyl machine now going on ec150 99HP 4cyl. Maybe won’t heat up