Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo EC160 hydraulics

Volvomad ยท 2011-07-13 20:43

I am trying to find where the(H) heavy digging function is linked into the hydraulic system. It is currently not working (another electronic fault) and my operating pressure is way down. I would like to put into permanent (H) bypassing the ECU. I have previously replaced the control of main pump flow and fan speed with homemade circuits and she was going very well apart from being down on tracking pressure. Any help very welcome.

Replies3
  1. #1Dirtman20072011-07-16 22:44

    theres a toggle switch in the fuse pannel you can flip and it will put it in H mode.

  2. #2beetle bug 642011-07-25 17:06

    Hi volvo mad, why do you want to bypass the ECU ? do you know what is the problem with it?

  3. #3Volvomad2011-07-27 19:31

    Hi Beetle bug 64 , having this machine from new, it never performed very well. I reckon the mechanical governor on the engine is not sensitive enough for the Linde ECU. The ECU sences an engine speed drop and cuts the hydraulic load premeturley. Changing the fuel filter every 50 hours helps. I asked the main dealer if it could be reprogrammed and was told no. I made a circuit to help control the pump based on operating pressure.It worked fine for 2 years but now my throttle,rpm display and H mode have crashed.This machine is a dud and its not getting a new ECU ,if it doesent behave I will cut it up for scrap.