Hi again guys, Replaced the final drive in my Kubota KX91-3. Sure went in a lot easier than the old one came out. Everything works perfect now, no leaks. Only problem, when I hit the button to put it into "high speed", that track doesn't change speed. The other one still does and starts to make a turn. Line is hooked up. Any thoughts or ideas? JB
Disconnect the fast track switch and it might save you changing the second final drive
If you suggest I do that, I will. Wondering why? I like learning how things work. The line went into a different place on the new drive, but it did have a hole for the line. I'll do some more reasearch from the people that made the drive, FinalDriveCenter. They do both travel at different sppeds now, if you hold the levers full forward, the new one seems to go faster than the stock one on the other side. I'll just be happy is niether of them breaks again!
xexman44 - Swap the two speed line at the center swivel. See if it follows the line or stays with the drive. Did you test flows and pressures? The one we supplied has the same performance spec as the Kubota OEM unit. Same ratio, same displacement. The actual motor is exactly the same MFR as OEM. Also, check case drain on the other side. Whenever you replace one side and have used on the other, there of course will be a difference in speed. Unless the original one has a lot of case drain, it shouldn't be too noticeable of a difference. The minimum pressure to shift two speed is 6 bar or 87psi. Let me know what you find.
Wow, now thats the kind of answer I was looking for! Thank you. I will get under there and do that. I will let you know what I find out. The speed difference is so small, you really can't notice it unless your trying to drive down a straight road, it was kind of like that before I changed drives. Thanks again for this reply, I'll check it out. JB
Speed difference that small is most likely from NEW on one side and used on the other. Let me know on two speed issue. We'll get it resolved.