I have a 2004 Volvo EC160B excavator and in auto mode the display reads error 11. The speed control switch will not work as the engine only runs at idle unless switched to manual mode. I have checked the wire connections behind the seat, replaced engine speed control switch, switched relays, checked fuses and wires to fuse panel. Is there anything else to check besides looking at replacing the VECU (I was told around $4000). The VECU is the original.
You could check power and ground to the V-ECU JB15&16 are power, and JB7&8 is ground, if those check out fine then there really is nothing else.
Ok, will check those out. Thanks for the info.
Check fuse FU25 and power feed to the VECU on connector JA33. Also check for power on connector JB9 with the key on. This comes from the acc side of the ign switch. Check grounds as Direct Tech said if all is OK replace the VECU. Also does the fuel guage work?
Ok, will check them also. The feul gauge does work although I thought it was a little off so I removed the cover and moved the indicator a little bit.
I am having similar issue, I had no display function also and have ordered new mdu. It had gotten wet from lack of upper glass and had green crusties inside. I have service manual but it does not give direct pinout for vcu, just breakout box testing. Is there a connector pinout available ? Dan Romano D-ROM Machine Repair LLC 3475028669