Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo EC160c

fjordplogen ยท 2016-05-26 12:23

Hello Having a wierd problem with my excavator, i seems to be some electrical. Before it was the ECU and RT Controller, replaced those and had to rewire new lead for power. Those units was expensive. Now it it seems that the safety lever is the problem, it revs the engine down but hydraulic wont respond when activated again. Revs up, everything works except the hand controllers and belts. Coupler works. There is hydraulic pressure. For me it seems the valve for the brain for controller wont open or something as a safety system. Was hoping someone know where exactly this valve is, I dont have the workshop manual so. Thanks in advance!

Replies6
  1. #1uffex2016-05-31 09:14

    Good day fjordplogen The control cut out barrier is what I believe you are referring, when the barrier is raised it cuts off the servo feed to the controls. If we are talking the same components send me a private mail I will post you some diagrams. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2fjordplogen2016-05-31 12:24

    Thank you for the reply, yes same thing. My technical english aint so good. I dont have privliges to PM you sorry. Kristian

  3. #3uffex2016-05-31 14:30

    Good day Kristian Drop me your email simply by filling in the contact form excatech.org mark it attention of uffex it will find me, if you have google hangouts we can speak direct. Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4fjordplogen2016-05-31 15:31

    Thanks! Droped a contact form there, I dont have google hangouts. Thinkered more today with this and in my logic it has to be something with the Pilot Pressure, not shure if has a own pump not activating, faulty valve or solenoid. If its electrical my worst fare if those systems are activated or controlled by ecu. Nothing I could do then. I think this is just a minor failure, renting proffesionals is my last resort, I live in a wery remote place and money is slow atm. Kind regards Kristian

  5. #5fjordplogen2016-06-01 12:22

    This issue is now solved thanks to uffex! Solenoid was broken for cut out valve for pilot preassure. Manual overide button made it wery clear, located on the top under a grid. Hope this could be of any use for others in the future. Kind regards Kristian

  6. #6lantraxco2016-06-01 13:01

    Well done to both of you! :notworthy