Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo EC160D-Need opinions

Bliz · 2014-04-29 09:46

We currently have 2 excavators, one being a Volvo EC140B. This machine has been bullet proof. Has 6000 hours with the original undercarriage and the only breakdown we have had was an oil cooler gasket. I am seriously considering adding a new Volvo EC160D with a blade and long stick. I would sure appreciate any opinions or experiences you have had with this machine. Also looking at Cat and Komatsu, but Volvo is currently my first choice. Thanks for any help.

Replies3
  1. #1adamjohnston12014-05-02 19:46

    Hello sir, when it comes to purchasing a new piece of equipment there’s a lot to consider, some things to consider are machine quality dealer support fuel efficiently good operator comforts and so on. In my opinion Volvo excavates do all things listed very well. I work with Strongco on a regular basis and I find them very easy to deal with! I think Volvo is the way to go!

  2. #2simonsrplant2014-05-03 19:07

    For me, after sales and support sells machines. If parts and support are good in your area for Volvo, the brand backs up the sale. At the end of the day, there is no point having the shiniest machine available stood waiting for a $20 seal out of stock or on the other side of the world.

  3. #3Josh22014-06-25 15:25

    I agree, right now I am very impressed with my Volvo and Strongco for the service. Would recommend anyone in Alberta to keep them in mind. Not the biggest company, however the staff treat you right compared to some of the other companies.