Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

490e pvc

backhoejoe ยท 2014-04-29 17:04

We're getting a monsoon here in the Shenandoah Valley which has given me a chance to sort out the last few issues on my 490E. I have replaced the engine controller,PVC,machine wiring harness,angle sensor and swing brake solenoid. Everything works except the arm which travels very slow. Pilot pressure is good. I put the PVC from a working 490E on it and the arm works as it should but it won't swing at all. I put the PVC on the other machine and the arm is slow there as well. When I put the PVC back on that machine it works as it should. Any help with what I should try next? Thanks in advance Joey

Replies5
  1. #1Deeretracks2014-04-29 17:26

    There is a serial # break at 025000- for the PVC the one you swapped in may be the wrong one.

  2. #2backhoejoe2014-04-29 18:48

    Ok thanks, They are on opposite sides of that split. I have a year warranty on the PVC but I'm a little Leary sending it back to China without knowing it is faulty for sure

  3. #3excavator2014-04-29 21:14

    I don't think the serial number split should effect it, IMHO buying any electronics from China definitely will.

  4. #4backhoejoe2014-04-29 21:26

    It plugs right in and appears the same it just won't swing on the earlier machine.

  5. #5backhoejoe2014-05-05 06:14

    Does anyone know where I could get schematics for the controller ? I built a home for a friend who built circuit boards for NASA for 33 years and is willing to repair them