Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo EC20 serial number missing

JamesS · 2023-03-23 19:16

I have what I believe is a 2001 EC210 since the engine is a Cummins 5.9 with a build date of 2001-01-19. I would like to know the serial number so I get the correct parts when needed. Is it possible to back into the excavators serial number from the engine serial number (ESN 26279565) possibly the part number / serial number of the cab. Any advice appreciated.

Replies9
  1. #1uffex2023-03-24 05:17

    Good day Your Volvo dealer should be able to help with the engine serial number, back end of Samsung production. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2funwithfuel2023-03-24 06:59

    The serial should also be stamped into the superstructure near the boom foot.

  3. #3sfrs42023-03-24 08:00

    I think you'll struggle, I've just tried to reverse engineer it by using any serial number from the 3001-9999 range of serial numbers to find the engine serial number on the build sheet and then work either direction till I find the correct engine serial number on the build sheet .... none of the serial numbers in the range 3001-9999 are working to get a build sheet

  4. #4Gary Layton2023-03-26 11:05

    When I pressure washed my CAT 320 machine, I discovered the SN stamped into the main frame, back left side, on a vertical surface, what I would call the "left leg of the 'X' of the frame". It is also on a plate on the cab but that is more tenuous than stamped into the frame. A good pressure washing of the frame and diligent looking might find the number on yours.

  5. #5JamesS2023-06-08 06:43

    Thanks for everyone’s suggestions - I finally did find the excavator number stamped into the frame - EC210LC04457

  6. #6funwithfuel2023-06-08 06:50

    You have as Uffex stated a mostly Samsung, Volvo excavator. Very good machines but machine specific parts are becoming increasingly difficult to come by. Take good care of her.

  7. #7sfrs42023-06-08 07:50

    Hi James, I just tried the normal way of using the numbers without the 0 so 4457 and it doesn't work..... so tried it with the 0 and it works perfect. To confirm. you still have the original engine in there if that serial number is stamped onto the engine see build sheet attached.

  8. #8JamesS2023-06-08 09:10

    wow - thanks for the build sheet. That’s really helpful to understand the original configuration. I was hoping to see the option “Flow Control” since it clearly has that solenoid mounted along the rail in front of the pump but the dial for controlling the flow is not under the right armrest. Any thoughts on that?

  9. #9John74972024-01-30 16:47

    Hi James, where did you find the SN on the frame?