Hi guys I'm brand new to this forum hope u guys can help. So i have been working on a volvo escavator ec210 blc that won't start. The machine has a deutz D7D engine. I have measured the ohm reading on my cam and crank speed sensors they are in spec however I am not getting 5v supply to both sensors I am only getting 2v supply. So I took 5v supply from the oil pressure sensor and bridge them to the cam and crank speed sensor the machine still wont start so I removed the fuel pipes at the unit pumps and all 6 unit pumps spray at the same time. This seems to be incorrect as it should spray individually according to its firing order. Any suggestions as to what I should looks at? Much appreciated. Thanks
Good day The injectors are high pressure fed it is dangerouse to loosen those tubes, the injectors open to add fuel into the chamber. Common issue when the engine will not start is low fuel feed pressure check at the filter 4-5 bars. If you are not so sure what to do it maybe a better bet to use a mechanic who has knowledge of the engine. Electronic issues will be accompinied by error warnings on the display. Kind regards Uffex
Hi uffex. This isnt a commen rail system I know it's dangerous to loosen those tubes on a commen rail but as it holds 700-1200 bar pressure. This engine runs of individual unit pumps. I do not have any errors on the display. What concerns me is that I only have 2v feed to the speed sensors when I should be getting 5v. The other thing is why are all 6 unit pumps spraying at the same time they should spray in its firing order.
Good day Veez My error apologies cross over to common rail, your description appears similar to a contamination issue - dirty fuel or and water still begin with feed pressure. Not errors indicates a mechanical issue with the fuel system suggest remove and label the pumps get those checked out at a repair shop. Is there history to the failure?. KR Uffex
Sure 100 percent. I am aware that mechanical issues wont throw a fault code. My feed pressure is within spec. I suspect that the engine ecu isnt sending correct signals to pulse the injectors and I have no idea how to get the ECU tested
How many hours? Can you post pics of instrument panel? Have you tried bypass mode?
Post a serial number and any and all codes that you have. I'm certain that the only way to properly test the cam and crank position sensor is with a oscilloscope. Also you can have one or both fail without any codes being logged. If you have one fail the other will take over. If both fail then you get what you have now. Before you got to this point. Was the engine hard starting? Did it spin over more before it started? Did it suddenly die like someone turned the key? I am leaning towards that you have both crank and cam sensor failed
Morning gents. @funwithfuel I will get the hours and a pic of the information ecu this morning. @Paul Serial number 00024939 Error codes 128 sid 70 and 128 sid 100 If I have 2v supply coming out of the engine ecu to the crank and cam sensors is that correct? and I have 6 or 7v to all my injector pumps when my key is in the on position
Please try and perform the attached tests. Nowhere does it mention yo having 5V ref to cam or crank sensor. In fact, I believe the third wire is shielding ground.The sensors are simply square sine pulse generators showing the ecu what the cam and crank tone rings look like. If you have 2 volts, I suspect you have unwanted bleed through in the harness somewhere. Additionally if you have a steady 2v the ecu is not gonna see a wave from the sensor. Find your short, solve your problem.
2 days, no reply, must be fixed.
Nice if folk let you know the status maybe you will get some response. Kind regards Uffex
Hi ! I have the same problem with a EC240NLC. Can you tell us @Veez63 how did you fix it? No error on display. Fuel get out from the pumps when cranks but no fuel get out from the injectors. (I took out the injectors fom the engine and reconnect them to the pumps). Fuel get out from the pumps also when I try to remove the air from the system using the prefilter pump. In the last time, engine was starting only with starting spray. Is it possile to be the pumps ? All 6 ? Not doing enough pressure to open the injectors ? Is it possible to be an electric issue, the pumps solenoids don't receive signals from ecu ? How can I check this ? Sorry if my english is not so good. Thanks, Mircea.
so I can across the thread on the internet.. and I signed up so I could ask ..I have a 2004 volvo ec210blc.. with this same issue of no start... replaced the EECU and the VECU... no codes on display..checked the cam and crank sensors... they are in spec... goin thru checking for shorts in the wiring (omh testing) and everything looks good so far... drained the fuel tank ,cleaned and refilled, replaced all fuel filter and have correct pressures... I'm at a loss... vcads will not find EECU... on another not we have gotten it to start (3 time) the cuts out after 15 secs ... now there is no smoke when cranked.. also had a tech from volvo come out 3 hours.. and got no where.. can someone give a idea
Ok, first thing first. Post a pic of your Instrument panel and serial tag so I can help you better. Above the battery box, there's a large plastic cover with 4 18 or 19mm screws. Remove that cover. Behind it is a small plastic housing with 10mm screws holding the cover on. Remove that carefully. The guts have probably come apart over the years. Swap out relays EMS & Data with horn and high speed travel. Mark them so you know which is which. See if that helps, if not, there are oblong electrical connections just beneath the housing behind the battery cover. Carefully inspect those connections for corrosion inside the connectors. Let's see what you come up with.
I will asap thank you in advance
fun with fuel, just fyi.. it has the analog display and the MDU doesn't display anything .. if turn try to start it out shows rpms.. but I'm headed back to it... if it's OK I'll PM you
No problem, I'll help how i can
Analog with MDU is first generation. It should be simple. Fingers crossed
Same problem Any solution?