Has anyone here worked on the D&M Slashbuster heads mounted on excavators? I did some work for a company 20 some years ago that had several but that's along time ago. I have a customer who wants to mount one on a 160LX Linkbelt and I have a pretty good idea how it needs to be done but am open to different ideas. The head requires 18-24 gpm and the machine puts out 72 gpm combined from both pumps. At this point I'm looking at using 2 priority flow control hammer valves, one for each pump, combining mower head flow, going to a DO3/05 solenoid valve with a relief and -12/-16 ORB sub plate. This gives priority to the head but doesn't rob everything from one pump. I'm sure there are other ways to do it and would like to hear about them.
You may want to check the psi settting on the mower with the psi setting on the aux hyd. of the Link Belt.
Head pressure set at 4000 psi and if I remember right the machine runs at 4500 psi so it's vary compatible.
Well you want the psi the attachment wants to be run at as close the psi of the aux valve psi. Sometimes machines have thumbs on them so the psi is dial back at the aux valve to allow the thumb to give. Those settings dont usually allow for the greatest performance on attachments like that. But if you got it covered, its all good.
If I understand correctly, excavator is going to install the two diverter valves between the pump and the main control valve. As long as you set the flow right, you will still have enough to run something else at the same time. It makes for a plumbing nightmare but I think works the best in the long run. Are you going to install and extra cooler for the head?
We are going to try it first without to see how it goes. Years ago I did some work for Asplundh on their machines and they fought overheating all the time. But they were doing power line rite of ways up to 4-5000 feet in elevation in the heat of summer. This guy figures 2500 feet will be max for him. I never could figure out why D&M didn't put extra cooling on but they're the engineers. This is also just a slashbuster head, needs 2 lines up the boom plus possibly a case drain line. The full blown D&M machines had an extra 8ft. stick on the end of the excavator stick, they swiveled and tilted, the guard swiveled back and forth. If I remember right with all the extras there were 4-5 more circuits which made for a real hydraulic nightmare.