Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo EC210 Excavator

C1Dollar · 2024-03-10 21:48

I lost all hydraulic function, was digging hole. I Released safety switch and got out of cab to check hole, when I got back in, engaged switch and nothing. I took safety switch off, I have 24 volts to switch, even did a jumper wire to bypass switch and still nothing. Is there a relay for this? If so where would it be and which on. I have several in panel behind seat. I also check 10a fuse and it was good. Any other thoughts or ideas. Thanks

Replies14
  1. #1just-a-mechanic2024-03-11 19:30

    Perhaps a broken wire in the safety circuit. Use a multimeter and see if you have continuity in the wire beginning at the switch and then as far away as you can trace the wire. Do this for both legs of the safety switch system. Sounds like it is the most likely culprit. I would chase it all the way down to where it goes into the next system.

  2. #2C1Dollar2024-03-12 00:23

    Thank you, I was able to follow the 1 wire from switch to relay behind seat and other wire goes down through floor of cab, not sure where it goes from there. I’ll keep chasing.

  3. #3funwithfuel2024-03-12 06:13

    The safety solenoid has probably failed. It's more common than a failed switch. In the right rear of the machine, should be a bank of 4 or more solenoids. The rearmost should be the safety. Usually just swap it out with the high speed travel to get going. IMPORTANT NOTE , you don't have to swap the stems just the magnets.

  4. #4LACHAU2024-03-12 07:40
  5. #5funwithfuel2024-03-12 11:02

    LACHAU, thanks for illustrating what I was trying to describe. As they say, a pic is worth a 1000 words.

  6. #6C1Dollar2024-03-12 17:05

    Thank you to both of you Funwithfuel & LACHAU. I don’t recall seeing that cluster of solenoids but will check and report back. I may add another 1000 words with a pic to confirm. Thanks again.

  7. #7C1Dollar2024-03-18 23:51
  8. #8C1Dollar2024-03-18 23:52
  9. #9C1Dollar2024-03-18 23:53

    This is the closest I could find, can you confirm if I’m in the right place? Thanks

  10. #10funwithfuel2024-03-19 05:47

    Wrong area. You're immediately behind the cab. You need to be in the pump room. Which should be the right rear corner of the machine. The valve bank will be located just inside the door along the floor. It will not be "in your face" Good luck

  11. #11LACHAU2024-03-19 23:06

    Hope it helps you.

  12. #12funwithfuel2024-03-21 15:34

    See attached, it should point you right where you need to be.

  13. #13LACHAU2024-03-21 23:45

    OMG!! My fault in all!! From the beginning, we didn't ask carefully what the detailed model of the machine and serial number were!! That's why my post and yours are different!! The reason is that I refer to the EC210 manual, and you refer to the EC210B manual!

  14. #14funwithfuel2024-03-22 05:47

    Tomāto, tomato. Your info is still appropriate. I just made the assumption that there are no Samsung/Volvos alive anymore. Parts obsolescence has layed down a lot of otherwise good machines. Even referring to the B series is getting unlikely anymore. Let's see if C1dollar gets back to us and shares the final outcome.