Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo ec210 possible Hydrolic issue

03 EC210 · 2019-05-22 20:00

Hi All I have a 2003 Volvo ec210blc (sr# V11360) I have recently started to notice a issue when I curl the bucket in or out with or without a load. Not sure the best term to describe it but it shutters/notchy/jumpy/not smooth. If I go very slow it doesn’t do it. Something coming apart inside the cylinder? Not sure where to start to troubleshoot it. All other functions work smooth. Thanks in advance

Replies4
  1. #1funwithfuel2019-05-22 21:46

    Look at your rod closely. Any scratches? Is it bowed at all? How about the pipes going to the bucket cylinder? Any dents or kinks? If you don't see any physical damage on the outside, yer suspicion may be right on. If you have a temp gun, start with a cold machine. Shoot temps, barrel, hoses, pipes. Then work it hard till it gets warm. Shoot temps again. You're looking for the warmest point. That's where I'd start looking.

  2. #203 EC2102019-05-22 23:38
  3. #303 EC2102019-05-22 23:39

    Thanks FWF I will look it over closer tomorrow and then shoot temps and see what happens Thanks again

  4. #4uffex2019-05-23 03:05

    Good day I would add to put a pressure gauge in the lines to the cylinder that way you can be sure the issue is not a damaged spool in the MCV. Kind regards Uffex