Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo EC210C Eletrical problem

suladas · 2020-03-07 12:43

Starting new thread to clear off the other stuff that is no longer relevant. Issue is if I run machine past 1600 rpm and touch the travel pedals at all voltage jumps up and warning comes on. But 1 more click down and doesn’t come on, and strongman is on. Either it happened by coincidence when I was working on other things, or it was swapping something maybe? The only thing I could think of would be some of the diodes got swapped and a bad one ended up where it has something to do with the tracks causing the issue? I disconnected the wire for heater/espar thinking maybe somewhere else it got damaged causing the issue and fixing it at one point maybe caused the issue in another spot, but made no difference. Dealer had idea of maybe the strongman being on gets rid of issue for some reason, so I tried turning on strongman at higher rpm, doesn't change problem still there. Dealer didn't have any other ideas other then a shorted wire somewhere for the tracks. But something that only causes the problem with strongman not on.

Replies1
  1. #1suladas2020-03-25 13:22

    Pulled all the diodes and checked them again, also being mindful of their orientation. Figured what the heck run the machine and the problems gone. So I am guessing this was a ID10T problem. Either way I’m happy its fixed. Really appreciate all the help, especially @funwithfuel . If only the problems would stop. Last job some dumba$$es pryed open a few compartment doors so the locks no longer works. It never ends....