Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo ec220dl monitor

706digga ยท 2016-07-23 02:37

Recently purchased 220dl, something has been sprayed on monitor screen and cannot clearly see through it. Is this screen some type of plastic or glass and has anyone else experienced this and been able to clean it? When you get at just the right angle you can see through it, all info is still displayed, screen looks almost frosted.

Replies3
  1. #103 EC2102016-07-23 05:28

    I have a 2003 Volvo 210 and mine is the same way. I think it's plexiglass. I tried some buffing compound but it only helped a little. Waiting for someone to reply that knows more.

  2. #2Wilson8922016-07-23 09:31

    I would try headlight restorer. I do headlights that you can't see into and end up clear as glass I use a small air buffer with pad and the restorer and cuts job time by less than half. Good luck, John

  3. #3Ben Witter2016-07-23 12:25

    Trying to buff out the panel is your only alternative without buying a new one. Just don't get liquids inside the IECU. You can always take the IECU apart and see if that helps or maybe you can take it apart and see if it is possible to put a new piece of plastic in its place. You would probably have to cut it out and glue something else back in. Just remember to seal it up best as you can.