Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo ec240b autothrottle acting up.

watglen ยท 2014-05-15 05:32

Heavy rain here lately. Suspect dampness is causing problem Auto idle works normally while running the excavator sticks. However, while tracking the machine drops to idle repeatedly. A quick touch of the a stick or throttle knob brings it back to life. Its as if the computer doesn't know you are tracking. I suspect there are separate sensors on the arm functions and track circuits controlling the auto idle. Can anyone confirm? I am waiting to see if it clears up when the rain stops before I get too excited. Ken

Replies1
  1. #1uffex2014-05-15 10:15

    Good day Ken Yes there are two pressure switch's one for the equipment the other for tracks. You can check these out by bridging the two connectors together. If you drop me a line at [email protected] i will send you illustrations of the switch and location. Kind regards Uffex