Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

“biggest” excavator with swing boom & blade?

ironjunkie ยท 2014-05-15 21:57

Just like the mini's, who makes the biggest with these features?

Replies5
  1. #1playindirt2014-05-15 23:21

    Takeuchi makes one in the 15 ton range I think.

  2. #295zIV2014-05-16 22:16

    Depending on what you need the blade for there's this, 17.5 ton machine: http://www.kobelco-usa.com/north-american-excavators/sr-series/ed160-3-blade-runner

  3. #3playindirt2014-05-17 00:12

    I have always thought that would be one heck of a mountain road builder.

  4. #4joispoi2014-05-17 05:01

    Takeuchi TB1140 is the biggest I've seen with a swing boom. There are probably others, but that's the biggest one that I know of.

  5. #5heymccall2014-05-19 18:47

    I've got TB180FRs with the "slewing boom" (9 ton). And a PC128UU-2 with a 3pc offsetting boom. Since they don't make the PC128UU anymore, I've got my sights set on a 314ELCR with a 3 PC boom. Like this one. http://www.constructionsalesau.com/2004-caterpillar-cat-314-clcr-excavator-for-sale/7818/ They still catalog it as a "power offset boom".