Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo EC240B LC Code

Rooster’s Mech · 2024-01-09 16:43

Hi all I have a Volvo EC240B LC SN: EC240V12608 and I’m getting a code: 187 PPID 1191 5. The code description is the V-ECU feed back voltage from the Flow control PPV is below 0.12v. I have checked the resistance of the entire circuit as well as the components individually with everything is within spec. I have also load tested the harness using a lightbulb no issues. I have also tried bypassing the machine harness with some test leads and no change to the code. If I disconnect the return wire to the V-Ecu I get an output signal of approximately 9v that remains the same throughout the circuit until the open where I have it disconnected and as soon as I connect the return wire back to the V-Ecu I loose my output signal. Hoping someone may have an idea that my point me in the right direction! Thanks!

Replies2
  1. #1Rooster’s Mech2024-01-18 08:24

    Anyone have any ideas?

  2. #2uffex2024-01-20 05:04

    Good day Rooster The signal from the ECU is a PWM signal similar to that you can see with a flouresant light switching on and off at differing rate. You need an oscilloscope to measure or the manufacturers lap top. Kind regards Uffex