Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo EC240CLC HVAC wiring help

Shawn Hoff ยท 2019-12-29 18:52

Hello. I have a 2008 Volvo EC240CLC excavator and am having trouble with the hvac system. It blows the fuse for the the heater and ac as soon as I turn the key on. I have tried it with the wiring connector for the blower motor disconnected, thinking it had a short in it, but still blew the fuse right away. I am looking for a wiring diagram for the hvac system, or any pointers. Without pulling the entire hvac system out, I haven't found any bare wires, but I assume there is one somewhere, or some kind of controller shorted out. Thanks for any and all help!

Replies9
  1. #1uffex2019-12-30 01:59

    Good day Shawn Please see attached I hope it is of help. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Shawn Hoff2019-12-30 07:01

    Thank you, Uffex. That should be of great help to me. Kind regards, Shawn

  3. #3Shawn Hoff2020-01-15 14:11

    Uffex, Looking over the wiring diagram you attached, the first item in the list is CU8701 Electronic climate controller. I don't see that component in the wiring diagram. Am I missing something? Thank you for any help you can provide! Kind regards, Shawn

  4. #4uffex2020-01-15 15:02

    Good day Shawn That is represented by the rectangular box where all the connections are marked EEC I will try to get you better information and post tomorrow. kind regards Uffex

  5. #5funwithfuel2020-01-15 18:42

    If memory serves, CU8701 is a timer relay for webasto diesel heater

  6. #6uffex2020-01-16 01:51

    Good day Folks Yes thanks FwF you are correct this was an extra for cold climates can you confirm this is what you are referring to -which fuse is blowing ? may I suggest you either use a Muti meter or lamp across the fuse that blows and then work your way along the system disconnecting until you find where the short is happening, if you have engine preheating equipment installed attached is some information. If you need more help with the AC unit please come back if I cannot help I am sure FwF can he has a good knowledge of the product.

  7. #7Shawn Hoff2020-01-27 21:34

    Good evening, I do not have the engine preheating equipment, just the intake grid heater. The problem I am having is with the climate control for the cab, the heating and air conditioning system. I think it is FU20 (15 amp) fuse that blows immediately when I replace it. I think I need to pull the seat out so I can get to everything behind the seat to see what is going on. I really do appreciate all the help you all are giving me on this! Shawn

  8. #8uffex2020-01-28 01:38

    Good day Shawn If I may suggest work your way from the fuse disconnect the components until you find that which is shorting out the circuit, a lamp installed at the fuse point can be handy while you carry out this process. The AC unit is behind the seat - remove the cover normally held in with thumb screws you can get at most of the stuff although it can be uncomfortable it is possible to manage. The cabin section is of an older model there are some differences but it will give you a good idea what you are facing. Kind regards Uffex

  9. #9uffex2020-01-28 02:20

    This may better represent what you have. Kind regards Uffex