Does anybody know if the conversion kit for an hitachi ex120-2 actually works? You’re eliminating all solenoid valves, pressure sensors, angle sensor. So you simply install this and disconnect the computers? Would love any input from someone who’s tried it.
hey Mikey I’m not sure if you figured out your machine or not but yes these conversions work. If you go to my post hitachi 120 questions. And answers you will see photos of a installed kit as well as information about the kit. There is installation instructions on here to although I don’t think they have made it to my page yet. If you went ahead and put conversion kit on last year??? Let us know how it went.
Thanks for the info SES. I removed the conversion kit and bought the machine to the mechanic. Trying to start back at square one. Haven’t heard from him yet but I’m glad to hear I still have that option. Thanks again
So you installed a conversion kit and couldn’t get it to work than ??
Yes installed it then removed it but don’t know if it was working or not. Because of other possible problems.
What would be a problem to cause slow/weak hydraulics with the conversion kit installed?
Hmm I’m not really sure. Potentially something mechanical rather than electrical but I’m not really sure with all the different valves, and bypasses, and whatnot. Does your machine bog when you use hydraulics or just slow ?
It bogs. I was just hoping possible problems would be limited with kit on.
That seems pretty strange and makes me worry about installing a kit on my machine. I still have a new a sensor and a dp sensor I plan to try with a good mechanic before I decide to go with the conversion